Subscriber Discussion

Anyone Use Kirschenbaum Contracts?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jun 23, 2017

I am thinking of buying Kirschenbaum residential and commercial all in one contracts. As we are new to alarms, this seems like a good place to start. We already have an install contract for CCTV installs. I would probably have my lawyer review.

Anyone use their contracts? Ever had to enforce one in court, did it hold up?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jun 24, 2017

Yes, we do. They are very good and he covers several things specific to alarm law that other attorneys may miss. He is however, a salesman, and you often don't need the 20 things he will try to to sell you on and probably don't need a new one every 2 years as he says. His newsletter is also a great way to get acquainted with risk management in an alarm company.

We do modify his agreement to fit our terms and way of doing business.

(1)
UI
Jul 17, 2017

We are looking at the residential all in one, commercial all in one, and home integration/automation contract.

Do you think we need all 3 or can the commercial be modified to fit residential?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jul 17, 2017

Are you using for burg only? IF so I would just use the resi for your commercial accounts until you get enough of them to justify having a separate contract. Commercial agreement is much longer and will likely turn off some resi customers.

Ive never used the automation contract so cant speak to it.

A

UI
Jul 17, 2017

We already have a contract for our surveillance installs and I believe we have all caveats of surveillance covered. We did the rough copy and had a lawyer draft the final with all of the disclaimers etc.

We are now getting into burglar alarms for commercial and residential, as well as the automation with alarm.com

The only reason for this is he may be pointing out very specific items relative to alarms, automation etc that we have not thought of, and it may be worth the money.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions