Subscriber Discussion

Anyone Use Hanwha (SPE-1610) 16 Chanel Encoder On Exacq Or Video Insight?

TM
Ty Mullen
Mar 16, 2019
COR Security, Inc.

If you have used Hanwha (SPE-1610) 16 Chanel Encoder on Exacq or Video Insight can you tell me how many licensed you used. Seems like it should just be (1) license because it only has one IP address for all 16 cameras, I think.

I'm getting conflicting information from the factories. 

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 18, 2019

I wish this info could be more transparent. 

(2)
(1)
BS
Brian Sampson
Mar 18, 2019

Exacq employee here.  Please see below test record from our IP integration page on exacq.com:

https://exacq.com/integration/ipcams/

(2)
(6)
TM
Ty Mullen
Mar 18, 2019
COR Security, Inc.

Thanks when I looked at it a few months ago. It said MAX License per unit 1. 

James Talmage
Oct 16, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Brian,

I'm noticing the "Maximum Streams Available" is only 10. Why not 16?

Also, it says PTZ is "unsupported by the manufacturer", but the datasheet from Hanwah clearly says it's capable of Pelco-D

Rian Schermerhorn
Oct 17, 2019

James - Another Exacq employee here...

10 streams is not indicative of 10 analog cameras. As the notes show, the first stream is channels 1-4, the second 5-8, etc. Be assured that all 16 analog channels are supported using 4 licenses. I’ll add that this can be extremely helpful when using HD over coax protocols, as this encoder does support multiple options.

I’m not sure why the PTZ shows as not supported, but I’ll find out and report back. Thanks!

James Talmage
Oct 19, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Thanks.

I know from the Hikvision HD encoders that there are issues with having different resolutions in any given bank of 4. Not seeing the same notes here, so I assume we can mix and match at will?

I've got a customer with an existing Hikvision HD analog system that was not well cared for, and has numerous broken cameras. I'd like to replace the DVR with this encoder and Exacq, and replace broken cameras with Hanwha. Have you seen success with such a hodgepodge of devices connected to this encoder? Or would I be in uncharted territory?

Rian Schermerhorn
Oct 20, 2019

It wouldn’t be a problem with our software, but it would be good to double check with Hanwha to make sure the encoder will support the mix and match. It’s all the same to us. :-)

TM
Ty Mullen
Oct 21, 2019
COR Security, Inc.

We have 1 deployed with mixed resolutions and seems good.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Oct 23, 2019

Yes, you can mix and match resolutions, formats, and brands camera by camera. The location on the encoder does not matter. There are not banks of ports in relation to any configuration or use.

See screenshot from the manual below.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Mar 18, 2019

This information is typically found on the Supported/Compatible Device list of the VMS. Exacq shows the licenses required, Milestone does too, etc. Most people just don't know where to go/where to look.

(1)
Sean Patton
Mar 18, 2019

Ty,

I emailed contacts at both Exacq and VI to get get an answer for you.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Mar 18, 2019

The encoder has 1 IP address and 1 MAC address.  It is up to the VMS and their encoder/multi-channel license policy.

Some VMS will do all for 1 license as long as it is 1 IP address.  Others max out at 4 channels per license...

(1)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Oct 17, 2019

My understanding is that the determining factor as to whether VMS platforms require 1-1, 1-4, or even 1-16 with regard to cameras per licenses required is more dependent on the API from the encoder manufacturer.

For instance, the M and P series encoders from Axis often are 1 license per 4 analog channels, yet the Q-Series 6ch blade encoder requires 1 license per analog channel on multiple platforms.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions