Subscriber Discussion

Anyone Recommend A Video Monitoring Service ?

LL
Louis Li
Jun 29, 2015

Looking for 24x7 event based video monitoring service. Any suggestions?

JH
John Honovich
Jun 29, 2015
IPVM

To help us provide an appropriate answer, some more information is needed:

• What are you monitoring? Homes? Businesses? Critical infrastructure?
  • Are they mainly going to be responding to video analytic alerts, like perimeter violation or?
  • You already have the equipment in place? If so, what manufacturers?
LL
Louis Li
Jun 29, 2015

John,

it's a commercial building and the video monitoring is mainly for after hours video verification purpose . The equipments are Hikvision HDTVI DVR/Cameras which we are installing as we speak.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 29, 2015

Not every monitoring station monitors every brand of equipment, especially if you're doing any kind of event-based monitoring. I'd usually suggest picking a monitoring company FIRST, and then see what they support vs. installing equipment and then finding a monitoring partner.

(3)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Jun 30, 2015

I am using Alibi, which is made by Hikvision, with Global Monitoring Solutions as the Central Station. They do all of the alarm monitoring plus have options for video verification and virtual guard tours. Very reasonable in price. They have great support. Just wanted to point out that they are for sure set up to handle the Hik equipment.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 29, 2015

What country?

LL
Louis Li
Jun 29, 2015

Chat with Cops/Allameircan/Affiliated etc at security show regarding video monitoring. Most if all of them currently offer such optional services to dealers. Just wondering if anyone here can share their experience with them or any other centers?

U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 30, 2015

I would give Universal Monitoring in Charlotte, NC a call. Not sure if they would take on the Hikvision DVR if it isn't compatible with their viewing platform (SureView). Worth a call though.

jo
jason oneal
Jun 30, 2015

I've just signed on with Global Monitoring Solutions 365 http://globalmonitoringsolutions.com/ They have been very supportive so far.

RL
Robb Larsen
Jun 30, 2015

We use COPS. Never had a problem and very responsive to issues. I use IPDatatel devices when possible on our burg panels and they were not always transmitting to central station. They fixed the issue quickly.

Very responsive and knowledgeable whenever I have questions. I have not shopped around to compare pricing, but they also don't give me a reason to.

DW
David Westberry
Jun 30, 2015
IPVMU Certified

We use COPS and Amcest. Amcest has no problem using browser based look in and Hik equipment. Also offer tours, verification etc.

No complaints on either.

DR
Drew Rollins
Jun 30, 2015

The company that I work for offers video monitoring. We have to ability to monitor Hikvision and many other products. We also offer dealer pricing options.

http://www.ion247.com/

Feel free to reach out to me for more information: drewr@ion247.com

CN
C. Nelson Resch
Jul 02, 2015
Fedora Security

When you say "event based", I enterpret that as specific video being assessed based on intrusion sensors or intelligent analytics. If this is an acurate assumption, then the later is a best practice for most outdoor, uncontrolled environments. We are a video centric central station and have been "failing forward" since 2006. If you would like to have a candid discussion about some of the most challenging environments and the RMR you can expect from these solutions reach out to me.

If there is more to your question, fire away.

Lynn Harold
Jul 05, 2015

My company also ofers 24/7 alarm - event - video monitoring services. Our Fusion Center is located in the NYC area. We already monitor over 20k cameras! http://www.sw24.com/monitoring/

Meghan Uhl
Jul 06, 2015

Eyeforce, Houston TX I think. I use them and they've been great!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions