Subscriber Discussion

Anyone Have Experience With Veilux?

JC
Jason Clement
Feb 04, 2014

Heard about this manufacturer from one of our customers, anyone have any experience with this manufacturer? Veilux Something just seems odd about them.

JC
Jason Clement
Feb 04, 2014

So I looked at their "live demo" and their camera interface looks exactly like a company called Clear2There which OEMs some generic cameras. I'm not sure how they are getting their "Made in America" status as those are just clearly OEM'd cameras from overseas.

JH
John Honovich
Feb 04, 2014
IPVM

Wow, their "Made in America" claim is pretty aggressive. I don't see how they can claim they. Maybe they do final assembly in the US or inspection or...

JC
Jason Clement
Feb 04, 2014

I looked it up and here is what the FTC says. It would be interesting how they can back it up lol

What substantiation is required for a Made in USA claim?

When a manufacturer or marketer makes an unqualified claim that a product is Made in USA, it should have — and rely on — a "reasonable basis" to support the claim at the time it is made. This means a manufacturer or marketer needs competent and reliable evidence to back up the claim that its product is "all or virtually all" made in the U.S.

JH
John Honovich
Feb 04, 2014
IPVM

In that document, they further clarify:

""All or virtually all" means that all significant parts and processing that go into the product must be of U.S. origin. That is, the product should contain no — or negligible — foreign content."

Given that standard, it's hard to imagine that any camera is American made, considering most of the components come from outside the US, no?

JC
Jason Clement
Feb 04, 2014

Very true I just wonder what their logic is behind saying Made in the US. Putting the final sticker on the camera? Assembly of components? Somewhere someone has to use some common sense...oh wait I'm talking about tghe US Govt here lol :)

Ethan Ace
Feb 04, 2014

If you Google Image Search some of the images of their cameras, they look very similar to Huawei's. I don't know if Huawei is the original manufacturer (though I think they may be). I've seen another "manufacturer" whose cameras look very very similar, though I don't remember who off the top of my head.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions