Subscriber Discussion

Anyone Have Experience With Aiphone IX Intercoms?

jo
jason oneal
Mar 02, 2017

Wondering how well the phone app works to remotely speak to visitors.

EP
Eddie Perry
Mar 02, 2017

work well nightmare to configure though. once you get the hang of how to do "Aiphone"equipment it becomes simpler

jo
jason oneal
Mar 06, 2017

Are you familiar with the phone app? I'm wondering if it will serve their purpose well. They need to be able to speak to a delivery driver that shows up while they are out for lunch. Does Aiphone offer decent support?

EP
Eddie Perry
Mar 07, 2017

I Will say that the App works great, along with other functions. Most of what you will need is the documentation.

Sadly I dont deal with support. I have been messing with Aiphone equipment for about ten years now and I cant remember why I dont call support. but I can say this about Aiphone equipment

"it will work and work well for a long time provided you cant follow the directions and install it correctly."

" installing it and configuring it is a royal Pain in the ***"

"it is very user friendly and very installer punishing"

"Make sure you let the customer know that once the system is installed, with the exception of the IP based lines they are going to pay a fortune to add or change things. "

"their IP based line is the easiest equipment to work with."

I have also installed their TL-2000 unit multi tenant intercom/Phone unit. It works great although a pain to configure ( mainly the wording). it calls phones and you can let them in with a 4 digit pin or "0" clear quality and reliable.

I dont want to say you are on your own with Aiphone but I have never had a problem with DoA's though Distributor ADI always took them ( rare) back and exchanged them with no issue. Then again I am also "end user support/ tech support" for what I care of now so I am used to being the guy who has to figure it out so I dont usually call support.

Then again I wont install intercom systems of any kind unless they are Aiphone no matter how much I despise them because once they are working they work forever.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 03, 2017

If it is anything like the IS series it's a mess.  We install it but I dread it every time.  

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions