Subscriber Discussion

Anyone Going To CPSE This Year?

CP
Constantine Platt
Aug 10, 2017

Just wondering if anyone from IPVM or any members going to CPSE in Shenzhen this October?

JH
John Honovich
Aug 10, 2017
IPVM

Yes, IPVM plans to send someone to CPSE and cover the show.

Related: Shows IPVM Should Attend 2017 - 2018?

CP
Constantine Platt
Aug 11, 2017

Thanks for that John.

I'll be going as well, and thought it would be great to catch up with either IPVM or some members to share the experience and maybe give some feedback to IPVM members in regards to the show in a forum discussion. 

I'd imagine they'd be some member like myself going alone and would like to meet up with others and experience which I can only imagine a massive crazy show. Listening to Ethan's podcast in 2015 was awesome and I think it could be eye opening /daunting once entering the first pavilion. 

JH
John Honovich
Aug 11, 2017
IPVM

Constantine, good!

When it gets closer to the show (probably early October), we'll post more about our plans and see who else is going. 

LC
Lew Cody
Oct 28, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Yes I'm going as well. Just waiting for the Shekou Ferry at HK airport as I type

CP
Constantine Platt
Aug 11, 2017

Sounds great.

Thanks

CP
Constantine Platt
Oct 09, 2017

Hi John,

just thought I’d chase up and see if you were going to post anything to see if some integrators might be going to Cpse and maybe catch up with the IPVM team?

Cheers

JH
John Honovich
Oct 09, 2017
IPVM

Constantine,

Thanks for following up.

IPVM will not be sending anyone to CPSE. While unfortunate, given Hikvision's public attacks against IPVM and claims of us offending the Chinese people, we do not think it is safe for our employees and myself to go to China.

(1)
(1)
Rumen Palmov
Oct 25, 2017

Sorry to hear that, I'll be visiting the show as well and it would have been a good chance to meet the team and share opinions in person with professional colleagues. Anyway, hopefully there will be interesting things to see..

LC
Lew Cody
Oct 28, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Ruben did you organise anything with Kosta. Be good to catch up with other members going to CPSE

CP
Constantine Platt
Oct 25, 2017

Hi Rumen,
My name is Constantine Platt. (Kosta) and from Australia.
I’m also going to be going to cpse in China and was wondering if you where interested in catching up while you are there.
I’m going on my own and don’t know anyone and thought it’ll would be good to catch up with some intergrators (who can speak English!) and IPVM members and maybe compare some notes.

Thanks for taking the time to read this message
Cheers

LC
Lew Cody
Oct 28, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Hi Kosta

Lew here from Perth. My 3rd time to Shenzhen 2nd to CPSE. Was there for CPSE 2013

Dori Ribak
Oct 28, 2017
RBtec Perimeter Security Systems

Any chance you guys can take videos while walking the halls? Curious how it looks like on the ground level.

LC
Lew Cody
Oct 28, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I'll look like a bit of a dick with a selfie stick up high otherwise you'd just get heads it gets pretty crowded. I'll give it a go.

CP
Constantine Platt
Oct 29, 2017

Hi Lew, Ruben

if you want to contact and catch up.

enail me utopiaelec@iinet.net.au and I’ll forward my mobile number.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions