Subscriber Discussion

Any Recommendations For An IP Camera With 3 H.264 Streams Available?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 24, 2016

Current IP camera being used has two h264 streams available and both are configured and mapped to the VMS as live and recorded viewing profiles.  I'm testing an analytic which comes on a server (from analytic vendor) and needs an h264 stream of its own at a different profile than the two streams I'm using.   Im trying to not add a dedicated analytic camera(s) on future installs.  If I could identify a camera with 3 h264 streams, I might be able to do this with one camera.... recommendations? 

Base camera spec: 2MP, Dome form factor, 4-10mm Varifocal A/I Lens, Indoor.

Marty Major
Sep 24, 2016
Teledyne FLIR

I work for FLIR.

The FLIR (formerly DVTEL) Quasar CM-6204 has all those specs - plus a higher resolution (1440p) (it is indoor/outdoor at IP66).

3 streams available at 15fps

Lens options: 3-9mm and 7-22mm

datasheet here (2nd page)

(1)
AS
Ashley Schofield
Sep 25, 2016

does the 3 streams need to be identical in resolution & frame rate ?

what budget are you looking at ?

I know Dallmeier cameras can enable up to 4 streams simultaneously.

The 5200 meets your base camera spec
https://www.dallmeier.com/en/products/cameras/single-sensor-cameras/dome-cameras/ddf5200hdv-dn.html

* disclaimer - I work for a Dallmeier distributor *

(1)
EP
Eddie Perry
Sep 25, 2016

most of Panasonic's line enables 4 streams for what ever you need

3 series 311A, 6 series 631L, some of the 5 series to, I think the new 1 series does this as well (SFN-130) but it hasen't been released yet

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Sep 25, 2016

Samsung Hanwha Wisenet 3 series cameras can have 10 profiles configured and allows many concurrent streams.

Indoor 2mp camera such as snd-6084 as an example.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Sep 26, 2016

Most Vivotek cams output three H.264 streams; some models can even do four. We mostly use the CC8370-HV; fantastic little camera.

(1)
KJ
Kenny Johnson
Sep 27, 2016

Uniview cameras have 3 streams.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions