Subscriber Discussion

Any Recent Experience With Millennium Group?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jun 13, 2017

I understand they have had some challenges in the past but apparently a new president has come in that is making lots of changes.  Their new Ultra software looks good and their Tellus system has a great price especially considering it includes a small computer with the software pre-installed.  Just don't know anything about them and looking for anyone that has recent experience.

Brian Karas
Jun 13, 2017
IPVM

Is this the company you are referring to? Millennium Group

(just trying to clarify, as I do not think many people will have been familiar with them).

UI
Jun 13, 2017

Yes...that is them.  The website is pretty horrible!

Brian Rhodes
Jun 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

This platform came up in an access class some years ago.  A consultant member mentioned he was in the process of changing over from old Millennium Group to another system, due to a lack of support and many of those 'challenging' issues.

From a hardware perspective, the 'redesigned' EDCD controller is a single-reader unit, so the hardware scales one door at a time - which could be a cost issue for medium/large deployments.  It also is not TCP/IP based, so that indicates integration with other systems will likely be a bear.

(1)
UI
Jun 13, 2017

Their rep gave me a cut sheet on a  "netDCD" which is TCP/IP based version of the EDCD and said they expected to come out with 2 and 4 door controllers later this year.  He also gave me a flyer on their Tellus system which is 2 doors in a can expandable to 32 doors.  The basic 2 door kit includes two door controllers, a solid state computer pre-loaded with their software, two readers and a power supply (basically everything but the strikes) and they are selling that for something like $800 to the dealer with no recurring licensing fees.  

I got the sense they have refocused under this new president and are trying to get back in the game.  At that price point if the product is any good might be a great option for smaller systems.  I'd never heard of them until their rep cold called me.  

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Jun 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

That's good feedback.  I noticed they list Mercury Security as a partner, but the EDCD does not appear to be a Mercury part.  I'll reach out to Millennium Group with a few questions and report back here.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions