Subscriber Discussion

Any One Has Experience With Geovision GV-VD3700 H265 Format?

AS
Ananda Sagri
Aug 31, 2016

Anyone has experience with Geovision GV-VD3700 H265 format?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 11, 2016

It hasn't been in the market for long time , i think they just released these models, but from what i know about GeoVision is that they're a solid IP Camera manufacturer with a powerful VMS.

Regarding the H.265 format is the newest format in the market and it seems to be good as major VMS developers starting integration with them Gentec,Milestone and Axxon.

MM
Michael Miller
Sep 11, 2016

I wonder how well Geovision is doing with all the pricing presser from Hikvision and Dahua.

RH
Robert Henriksen
Sep 12, 2016

I've bought a couple of the VD3700 cameras; we've been using a lot of the VD2540 in various outdoor environments, and I was really excited about the combination of super low light, WDR, and H.265 in the same camera.

Unfortunately, the VD3700 appears to be in their target line, as far as I can tell, and the IQ just doesn't hold up against the VD2540. I've quit buying them as a result.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 12, 2016

We've used them into one project and they've delivered the resolution,bandwidth and what was requested of them.

But we used them for indoor and they worked like a charm.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions