Subscriber Discussion

Any Manufacturers That Fund Leases For Customers?

Mark Jones
May 22, 2016

I know the market is loaded with companies that write leases for customers, but I am wondering if anyone knows of any manufacturers that write the paper themselves? This day and age it I would think it would help generate sales (which is the end goal), retain customers and nearly self-promote vendor loyalty.

JH
John Honovich
May 22, 2016
IPVM

Mark, see: Canon Launches Joint Canon / Milestone Financing. What do you think of that?

(1)
Brian Rhodes
May 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

This is one aspect where I'd think where big companies could market an advantage. These self-underwritten loans are fairly common for copier, phone, and computer companies.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
May 22, 2016
IPVM
Mark Jones
May 22, 2016

Thanks to you both. As I mentioned in one of the links, 4% is pretty competitive compared to what I am approached with by the usual suspects in the market. The rates I am being offered off-the-shelf are 3-5 times that rate which is unattractive to a customer. 4% could make a difference for some customers combined with the IRS rules and the ability to refresh your technology every 48 months. Brian's mention of copiers is interesting. I don't know their statistics, but I would say, rightly or wrongly, an awful lot of copiers are moved with a lease.

For years security technology did not change dramatically over a 5 - 10 year period. Now technology can improve markedly over a 3-4 year period, much like the business machine market.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions