Subscriber Discussion

Any Experience Using Ubiquiti Wireless Bridge For Long Camera Runs?

DM
David Matyas
Aug 07, 2015

I have a customer that has wiring going from one apartment building to another that got ruined. It is about 300 feet, and there are multiple open spaces. So rather then replacing it, I am looking into using Ubiquiti wireless bridge.

Has anyone ever used the Loco M2 as a bridge? I will have clear line of site. The camera is a 5mp Hikvision?

Thank you

Luis Carmona
Aug 07, 2015
Geutebruck USA • IPVMU Certified

Still looking for a solution? The longest run we have a Ubiquiti product doing is about 1200 feet support (5) 1.3 and 2MP cameras. But we've dumped Ubiquiti awhile back and started using Deliberant/Ligowave.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 07, 2015

you will be completely fine, i have used the ubiquity stuff alot. I actually prefer to use the Bullets and that will give you a lot more flexibilty in antenna configurations as antennas are cheap, and if you need to change out to an omni in the future and add to it, you have 1 part that can tie into multiple devices. As for the bridge, we have used them extremely reliably in multiple installations, they will out last the camera. I have a site using the 2.4GHz Bulletts shooting accross a street carying about 8-10 cameras for the last 5 years. They have outlasted the cameras, and not a single issue with them.

Luis Carmona
Aug 07, 2015
Geutebruck USA • IPVMU Certified

I agree the Ubiquiti's from 2 or more years ago have been rock solid. The more recent ones.... not nearly so much.

NOTICE: This comment has been moved to its own discussion: Ubiquiti Quality Declining?

Ethan Ace
Aug 07, 2015

I'd agree with Undisclosed 1. At that distance, and for a single camera, you'll likely be fine.

If you want to future proof it somewhat, I'd agree with his recommendations on using something with an external antenna. If you/they don't care, though, the Loco M2 should work. I know people running much farther than that without issues.

Hal Bennick
Aug 07, 2015
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

For 300 feet, it should work. If it doesn't, don't expect much support.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions