Subscriber Discussion

Anatomy Of A Marketing Blast

U
Undisclosed #1
May 25, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Here's a new angle I haven't seen before, call it the "you must have lost our number" routine.

Note the personal feel of the first line, indicating that this is no mass-mailer, but rather a shoutout from a concerned employer who happened across my file and "stopped to take note".

The pitch comes about smoothly once the conversation has shifted from technical support to technology.

The recap implies hat this is not a sales letter, rather just a personal tech support invitation.

Has anyone seen this or any new email pitch recently?

U
Undisclosed #1
May 26, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Ok, this is definitely a new tactic, the heartfelt apology for sending multiple hand typed emails by accident. Does this mean that it wasn't a real email after all?

JH
John Honovich
May 26, 2016
IPVM

I am confused. How do places like WorldEyeCam stay in business?

Also, the company has a 2005 era SEO blog setup.

U
Undisclosed #1
May 26, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I am confused. How do places like WorldEyeCam stay in business?

They have a walk-in showroom for Geovision, certainly hard to find, that is if you actually need to find one.

Btw, adding insult to injury is the fact that I only ever bought two things from them, and therefore did not get 'inundated' by emails as was stated.

No, the second email was also a blast, heartfelt but still mass-marketing.

Why do vendors insult our intelligence?

Or do some people really believe that a manager came across their file and reached out on a whim to see if maybe they lost the phone number?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions