Subscriber Discussion

Alarm Panel Restoral Codes Being Lost

DM
Duncan Miller
Jul 05, 2017

I have been working on an issue that has been plaguing us for over a year now. Everyone so often we have alarms that don't restore after a panel has been disarmed. In our monitoring software (CCURE 9000) the point shows active but on site, it is closed. It is causing some issues for our monitoring staff and I have been tasked to look into it more. We are not sure where the restoral codes are going missing but the Sur-Guard System I Receiver never gets them as we have used the debug logs to check. Is there a tool to monitor the phone line at the remote site as well as the head end locations to see where the signal is going missing. Thanks.

Brian Rhodes
Jul 05, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Does CCURE/Sur-Guard request the codes, or are they automatically sent by the alarm panel when it boots back up?

DM
Duncan Miller
Jul 05, 2017

CCURE doesn't request anything. It just monitors the SuGuard receiver. We have determined the restoral code never made it to the SurGuard receiver. What we need to determine is where in between the Alarm Panel and the Receiver the restoral codes are going missing or is the panel even sending the restoral codes. When a Zone goes into alarm it sends in an Activation Code such as (E130)  to the receiver and once the alarm clears the panel will send a Restoral Code such as (R130) to the receiver. The panel determines when to send the Restoral Codes and it isn't requested by the receiver or CCURE.

DM
Duncan Miller
Jul 05, 2017

I should also mention the field panels are Mostly Honeywell Ademco 128BP panels.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 06, 2017

Verify CC9000 is in sync with receiver. (you can adjust the sync time, default is 24 hours). Also make sure Message Delivery tab is Journal to Database and Monitoring Station(so you can archive/log).

Perhaps the below will assist.

Snip from 5-51 below.

Time Sync here:

Good Luck!

(1)
DM
Duncan Miller
Jul 06, 2017

Thanks for the advice but it is not a CCURE/SurGuard issue. We have had SurGuard look in the debug logs of the receiver and the receiver never receives the resotral codes. 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jul 06, 2017

It could also be programming in the panel.  Some panels will send a different code if disarmed before restored.

DM
Duncan Miller
Jul 06, 2017

Thanks. I will look into this but can see any mention of this in the installation and programming documentation for the Vista 128BP. I will follow up with our honeywell rep.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jul 06, 2017

Look specifically at the items hard coded for SIA compliance.   It might be a cancel after alarm or other creating a different than expected code.

If the receiver has a physical or virtual printer attached it should be easy to see. 

DM
Duncan Miller
Jul 06, 2017

I found a company, Micro Seven, that makes a bunch of different testing products that might solve our problem. I am have talked with them and am looking at purchasing a couple different devices now to test the transmission of the CID at the panel end and reception of CID at the receiver end.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 06, 2017

If you purchase and proceed in your testing with Micro Seven please keep us in the loop. Thanks Duncan!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions