Subscriber Discussion

Alarm.Com And Alarmnet360

JH
Jay Hobdy
Jul 08, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I was looking at the list of monitoring stations and looking at some sites. BTW some of these sites seem a tad outdated...

But I do not see a lot of details. Do most monitoring stations support alarm.com and Honeywell's alarmnet?

David Delepine
Jul 08, 2017
Brivo • IPVMU Certified

Hi Jay, we have been in the alarm industry since 2011 and it has been our experience that most major monitoring companies (the ones with multiple centers) support both alarm.com and alarmnet. We are currently using CMS/criticom but I believe NMC, rapid, security partners, and others support one or both providers.

FYI we are primarily a honeywell dealer so we have about 20 to 1 ration of alarmnet vs alarm.com. If I was to start a new venture I would go all in on alarm.com and stick to the dsc neo panels. Reason being the tech support is vastly superior and alarm.com has nice rewards for growing your account base with them. That's just my 2 cents though

(1)
(2)
JH
Jay Hobdy
Jul 08, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Thanks.

One feature of the TotalConnect I saw that may be valuable was the ability to view multiple sites from one log in. I was told on alarm.com they would have to log in to each account.

We are looking at getting a Lyric, 2gig and possibly a DSC panel to play around with and get them monitored to see how they work, integrate with all of the other items etc.

Are you doing mostly residential or commercial? What features seem to be the most important to clients?

How are you attracting new clients? What advertising seems to work best?

Nelson Gil
Jul 08, 2017
MicroGuard Security Systems Inc • IPVMU Certified

Hi Jay, we have been an Alarm.com dealer since 2010. I am almost certain that the Alarm.com platform works with most central stations if not all. They receive signals via GSM radios and relay the information to your choice of central station. In my opinoon they have the most complete platform in the industry. The dealer support is second to none and they are constantly moving forward with new features. They have and excellent customer referral program. You can now offer your customers even more options for a hands-free, digital assistant,  like google home or Alexa...

Although Alarm.com compatible with Dsc, Honeywell vista series GE interlogix panels, I think Qolsys is an exellent choice of panel for small residential with a ton of features that can make installation and troubleshooting  a breeze.

David Delepine
Jul 08, 2017
Brivo • IPVMU Certified

I may be wrong but I believe Alarm.com accounts can be linked together, however it may only be available on certain enterprise plans.

As for integration the one thing I like about DSC is the complete solution/integration you can have with the other tyco security products: kantech (access control) and exaqvision (surveillance). Being able to control the alarm, open/lock doors and view cameras on one app is a nice benefit. For nost other systems you will need expensive third party devices for integration.

We are about 70/30 commercial to residential. The features that I have found that are most in demand are the basic phone app controls, cell communication and ability to track open/close. Video verification is a nice touch but that requires another service (such as Iviewnow which is becoming mainstream at the big monitoring companies as well). Also most customers don't know what video verification is so it is only valuable once properly explained.

We are fortunate that most of our clients are word of mouth but we do use hyper targeted facebook adds to drive lead generation. Also we get a few calls every month from people finding us on google maps. I would caution you against lead generation services such as homeadvisor and yelp because they send a lot of garbage and end up costing way more than they are worth and usually have year long contracts that just adds insult to injury (never used either service myself but did the research last year then decided against it due to literally hundreds, if not thousands, of business owners who have been burned... and now am currently watching a friend of mine blow through $2000 on about 60 worthless leads).

(1)
(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions