Subscriber Discussion

Aiming Dueltechs Towards Each Other?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 11, 2017

Is it ok to corner mount two dueltechs facing each other? Will the microwave interfere or cause false alarms? 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Mar 11, 2017

I remember a time when this was an issue and C&K produced dual techs in channel A and channel B, which could be aimed at each other without interference. Their instructions warned against aiming two of the same channel at each other. 

If you are using the most recent version of a dualtec, their installation instructions should have a section on things to avoid. And, it should have a tech support phone number too so you can ask them. To be sure check with their tech support.

Ari Erenthal
Mar 13, 2017

This used to be a concern before motion detectors included microprocessors. Now that they ASICs loaded with movement profiles, microwave collisions are classified as alarm conditions less. 

However, I'm concerned why you want to mount two motions facing each other. Wouldn't a ceiling mount motion give you the same detection area?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 13, 2017

Ceiling mount is an option sometimes, sometimes opposing corner is better. For verfication purposes I like having multiple motions. 

This was more of a curiosity thing. It crossed my mind and wasnt sure if it could negatively affect coverage area or promote false alarms. 

Ari Erenthal
Mar 13, 2017

In that case, my answer is "not really a problem with modern motion detectors". I remember when we had to worry about this, though. As usual, I learned about this the hard way: having a falsing motion I couldn't diagnose. 

(1)
Joseph Parker
Mar 13, 2017

When I first read this I pictured two technicians engaging in duel.  

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions