Subscriber Discussion

Advidia Cameras - Advice?

Duane Wilde
Jun 29, 2014

Has anyone used or tested these units? Are these suitable for a prison project?

JH
John Honovich
Jun 29, 2014
IPVM

Advidia = VideoInsight = OEM of some Asian cameras / encoders.

Unless you want an end to end VideoInsight solution, there's many mature IP camera manufacturers to pick from.

Duane Wilde
Jun 29, 2014

That is my thought as well. I am up against someone who is pitching that solution and I am not as familiar as I should be about the VideoInsight / Advidia line. I typically stick the more mature, proven lines especially in Gov projects.

Honestly i had never even heard of Advidia until now.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 29, 2014
IPVM

No shame in not having heard of them until now. It's really just a division of VideoInsight, which is not huge in itself.

Historically, people said that Advidia's cameras are re-brands of Hikvision or ACTi. Their camera line up is fairly generic, except for the weird 4MP versions, which look like re-brands of the old ACTi series.

If your competitor is pitching Advidia, I'd counter with the fact that they are not a real manufacturer and the risks one take in such an approach.

SP
Sean Patton
Jan 22, 2015

Digging this back up, is it just me or do a lot of the Advidia cameras look just like HIKVision cameras?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions