Subscriber Discussion

ADI / Honeywell Home Has A New Corporate Name - Resideo - Good Or Bad?

Dan Gelinas
Jul 30, 2018
IPVM

ADI/Honeywell Home is rebranding as Resideo (they explain it is a combination of 'residence' + 'Presidio', though the spelling ending in 'deo' vs 'dio' may be confusing).

They include a video, embedded below:

We're curious to know what you all think about it. Please let us know by voting in the poll and commenting below.

JH
John Honovich
Jul 30, 2018
IPVM

I vote bad but don't think it's terrible.

As Dan notes, the spelling is a little awkward ('residio' vs 'resideo').

It's somewhat bland (we sell to residential, let's call it residential). By contrast, the Vivint name is stronger (regardless of what you think of the company) as the 'viv' has a more positive connotation.

Finally, weird that a company that includes ADI is named residential since ADI is primarily an SMB / commercial supplier.

That noted, I doubt the corporate name will have much of an impact unless they lose the Honeywell brand on the home products (which they say they won't and have an agreement for many years).

(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Jul 30, 2018

"...unless they lose the Honeywell brand on the home products (which they say they won't and have an agreement for many years)."

They've had a heck of a time keeping Honeywell product in stock this year. It's not a regional problem either, people from all over the country have been complaining about it on Facebook.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 30, 2018

Instead of focusing on stupid crap like changing your name, focus on your operations and customer service. I dread going to Adi.

(1)
(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Jul 30, 2018

Perhaps they are just following the latest trend and hiring expensive marketing consultants to come up with a good mnemonic phrase in hopes of getting some resonance with customers?

Jason Neubauer
Jul 30, 2018
IPVMU Certified

RESIDUE would be more appropriate.

(1)
(6)
LT
Larry Tracy
Aug 04, 2018

Honeywell the last few years is a classic case of how to ruin your business. Dumb name!!!

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions