Subscriber Discussion

Add IP Cameras To Current Geovision System

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 24, 2017

Trying to find a 16 camera CCTV capture boards that do not require a license when adding IP cameras?

Would be nice to open up options for adding IP camera's to the existing analogue already installed without being tied to the GeoVision Camera's or having to pass along the license cost to the customer.

Is this wishful thinking?

Customer has Geo 16 Cam board and 10 camera's now, wants to add 6 camera's. We like the GV-BX2500-3V 2MP camera and need 2Mp minimum but not so much the price, might put out of customer budget and the GV-BX1500-3V H.264 is not going to provide requested resolution at the distances needed.

Faris AlZamel
Feb 25, 2017
Zamco Security Systems Co.

What are the cameras you're looking for Indoor, outdoor? distance needed to cover? IR or without?

GeoVision has a huge range of cameras with all different prices, i dont think it will break your budget.

(1)
Campbell Chang
Feb 26, 2017

The one advantage of a GV system was that if you used their products, you didn't need a license for them.

Your options are third party + license or GV cams.  Work out which one is cheaper.

(1)
UI
Feb 27, 2017

That part I get, what I am wondering if there are other Capture card vendors that have a good product (GeoVision has worked well for us) and do NOT have the license fee if we use a different card we can select any camera without the license.

We have been primarily an IT provider and have done some surveillance systems in the past and are now moving to more actively marketing surveillance so not real familiar with too many vendor products. I had one of my techs research into other vendors but he said that the couple he looked into also had a restriction or fee on IP cameras not being same brand as the board.

Faris AlZamel
Feb 27, 2017
Zamco Security Systems Co.

IP Cameras doesn't require capture cards, what it requires is software license, if you have already GeoVision capture card , most probably you can easily integrate GeoVision IP cameras with it.

(1)
UI
Feb 27, 2017

I understand that IP Cameras do not require a capture card also, but this job already has 10 Analogue camera's with BNC connection and we want to add camera's. Switching out the existing GeoVison to different brand is a possibility

Perhaps my question is not clear enough.

Are there any good cards that I can use both BNC and IP Camera's that do not require a license to add the IP Camera's if different Manufacturer than the Board.

MS
Mark Sauer
Feb 27, 2017

If you are adding Geovision cameras to a Geovision board, there is no additional license or charge. You can confirm this by going to USAvisionsys website and starting a chat. They are always nice people and they know the answers.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions