Subscriber Discussion

Activa Brand IP Cams? Re-Branding Of Hikvision

Matt Barber
Nov 07, 2016

Hello all,

We have a group trying to sell us "Activa" brand IP cams.   There is quite a bit of evidence that these are re-branded Hikvision cams.  (Hikvision SADP tool is bundled with them, and FW version on the camera matches a FW build from Hikvision).

Does anyone have any info or details on these?

I'd also love to see a master list of "Re-Branded" or "OEM'd" Hikvision cameras created here if possible.

U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Maybe they're just the one-off brand of the integrator, because I'm not finding any Activa cameras.

Do you have a link?

Also, there just to note are board cameras made by Aptina and Hik rebrands by Advidia, and ACTi cameras as well.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 07, 2016
IPVM

Matt,

Is Activa a brand of Fine? I have never heard of Activa, I have vaguely hear of 'Fine'. They are a Taiwanese company. I don't know enough about them to know how they build or buy products but, in general, Taiwanese companies do not OEM from Hikvision as Taiwan companies do not typically have enough brand / Western marketing presence to complement a China OEM.

A master list would have value and it has been suggested before, we are mainly concerned about keeping something complete together (there are a vast number of tiny OEMs out there) and accurate. That said, we are certainly happy to call out specific manufacturers when asked (e.g., HiDef Tech Is An OEM From a California Integrator).

Matt Barber
Nov 07, 2016

I do not have a link unfortunately. Some screenshots below.

Activa appears to be somehow connected to Fine, or a relationship of a Fine salesperson. I was informed they are Chinese based.

The name of the company is listed as Active Solutions Network Co. Ltd.

I rec'd a demo camera that appears to be on the Hikvision Phase-out list. Most likely from late 2012 early 2013. I am uncertain if they are pushing dated product at a discount, or if they offer a line of current cameras. The housing on the dome does not look like the one's that Hikvision uses.

The web interface is tweaked to look unique. But the Hikvision batch tool and SADP tool find the camera.

I have seen several brands that OEM or rebrand Hikvision, and they all seem to use the same housing/packaging etc. This one stood out with a more unique body style. (It may also be dated, and I don't recognize an older model Hikvision dome.)

Some snapshots.. not the greatest quality.

Dome with Hik Guts?

JH
John Honovich
Nov 07, 2016
IPVM

I am pretty sure that that Activa is from Fine, the Taiwan company:

Matt Barber
Nov 07, 2016

Good point. So Fine - Who supposedly is made in Taiwan is selling another brand called Activa that is made in China, that is really Hikvision (from what I can determine.)

The Activa product line is a response to Hikvision undercutting price from what I understand. I find it interesting that they are using Hikvision to compete with Hikvision.

I'm kinda dizzy now. ;)

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Nov 07, 2016

huh, never seen so messy ftp server from a "manufacture" before... w/ lots of Sony, Axxon.. etc

ftp://ftp.finecctv.com/

U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

nice banner pull :)

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Nov 07, 2016

Banner pull? don't do that shitty stuff, why should i? My Chrome complains, and wants to open with raw ftp://ftp.finecctv.com/?raw

Guess it's happens due to some Chinese chars in the listing...

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Nov 08, 2016

Hikvision
  • Video Insight
  • UTC Fire & Security
  • LT Security Inc (LTS)
  • Lorex
  • CCTV Warehouse
Dahua
  • Avantitek Corp
  • Winic Technologies
  • Lorex
  • ICRealtime LLC
  • Interbrass (Brazil customer)
  • Geniv
  • Bosch
  • Mace
  • Ameta
  • Fertec
A few people received stock over the years from the above H&D companies.
As mentioned small time players, who often can and do jump ship to other factory.
The normal process is you get supplier, there is the dating period, there is the everything is same, there is the breakup, and it's all ends in a messy devoice. (normally when supplier just crushes your products selling to everyone else.)
Welcome to China.
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions