Subscriber Discussion

ACTi Video Analytics

MM
Michael Mathieson
Aug 04, 2016

Hi have recently been to a trade show where Acti was promoting their Video Analytics via a server to their website. Customer than signed into website to download reports however grunt work was dome on the local server before data transmitted to the website getting around uploading issues. Was wondering if anyone had some real world experience on this

JH
John Honovich
Aug 04, 2016
IPVM

Michael, we have not tested or reviewed this. It's not specific to ACTi but since these analytics overall have such a poor track record, it's become a lower priority.

With reports, are you referring to retail analytics? like this video below:

MM
Michael Mathieson
Aug 04, 2016

Yes it was the retail market I was looking at, in general I would like to offer a subscription service to clients providing analytic offers. Problem I have is there a number out there all telling me how easy and reliable it is but also requiring large uploads of data to their website where the processing takes place which can be problematic. Acti was saying I can have the data sent to a local server where the software is loaded does it's magic and than uploads the data from that not the video stream to the website. Customer than logs onto website to get reports ets which seemed to solve problems with large data uploads to overseas webs sites

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions