Subscriber Discussion

Access Control For Two Doors That Is Keypad Code And Fob Access

DC
Dwayne Cormier
Apr 13, 2017

have a non profit organization that wants low budget access to two doors. I would like them on same controller and add feature of pin pad versus fob only. any suggestions on a reliable cost effective set up for this scenario? i have done bigger scale and single door, not sure what would fit well with this criteria. thanks

Brian Rhodes
Apr 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Many, if not most, access platforms support PINs.

Are you looking for a two-door platform that supports this?

The Axis A1001 does this and can be managed via the embeded Axis Entry Manager, but there are many options here.

DC
Dwayne Cormier
Apr 13, 2017

Yes. Most that are simple are one door. They don't have a need for a system that has bells and whistles. So basically two doors to one controller they can manage themselves fairly easily. I looked at linear but its one door or jump to everything possible. No middle ground. Maybe integrate with the security system which is DSC but again trying to keep cost down as well.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 13, 2017

If they can have an inexpensive PC or laptop on site that can be used, check out the ZKAcess C3-200 controller. Simple installation/simple software and not expensive.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 14, 2017

I'll second the Axis A1001. MSRP is around $599 I believe, and will work with most standard hardware (I commonly run them with iClass SE Readers and HES Strikes). The positive of these is that they support OSDP (higher level of security) and they fairly easily cluster together, so for small installations they should handle as much expansion as they'll likely need.

(1)
DC
Dwayne Cormier
Apr 17, 2017

Thank you for the suggestions...i will look at them and compare. I also looked into the Linear emerge essential, any thoughts on this system. Seemed fairly simple set up although i think its priced higher then the Axis.

Justin Gant
Apr 17, 2017
7PiXL

I've worked with the Linear eMerge panel at it works well and is fairly simple to setup, lately though we have been using the CDVI Atrium Panel. Works well also and IIRC is more inexpensive. 

http://en.cdvi.com/Internet/Catalogue/Product-range/Online-access-control/Systems/ATRIUM-R-AC22

JR
John Robinson
Apr 17, 2017

IF you REALLY want to go cheap, there is an option:

HIKvision hasn't totally invaded this area yet, but there are some generic Chinese products out there that are ridiculously cheap sold on Amazon and Ebay.  We had a neighborhood need for a community pool gate and I was looking for something very cheap.  I was curious enough to bring some in just to test and they actually work. and include network management,  Caveat I have extensively tested it but not actually installed it yet for a customer.

Software is not elegant, written (I think in VB and uses Microsoft Access database), but it's functional and allows for groups, schedules, individual door permissions, etc.   Can use very cheap key fobs, or universal codes, or fob +PIN numbers.  (You cannot use PIN's only as of last time I checked).

I got a 4 door controller for about $60, free software, Reader/keypads are about $15 and fobs are under 25 cents.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=generic+125hz+rfid&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Ageneric+125hz+rfid

Here's a two door kit  including  locks, Rex's, Fobs and power for $250

https://www.amazon.com/System-Electric-Desktop-Reader-Keychains/dp/B06Y2RRRD7/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1492445457&sr=8-10&keywords=rfid+2+door+tcp

DC
Dwayne Cormier
Apr 17, 2017

Thanks John, not sure i want to cheap out on a product quite like that. Even though its for a non-profit I do want confidence and reliability. I will need to add in a buzzer and door switch to unlock the door and that can be done with a relay on most systems. But will add the CDVI to my list of prospects to look at.

JR
John Robinson
Apr 17, 2017

Understand, on the buzzer/door switch, you can't beat the Comelit 700M Video Intercom.  Put one in Friday, on sale for $199 right now at ADI, includes a door station videophone and a desk console with lock release.  Only needs a 2 wire connection from A to B.  You can also daisy chain multiple door stations and consoles with the 2 wire bus.  

https://adiglobal.us/Pages/Product.aspx?pid=CU-HFX7000M&Category=0000

If you go that route, remember to order the Desktop acrylic stands, and if you need the additional console, it's the 700H.  (You can't buy another kit with the 700M (master). Only one master per location.

DC
Dwayne Cormier
Apr 17, 2017

Ill look at that. I was going towards Aiphone. Pricey but very reliable. I want the station to be mobile because i have that feeling their arrangement of desks will change time to time. Linking both doors will be a good option and ill just run the wire back to the access control panel and make connections in one spot. Thanks John

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions