Subscriber Discussion

What Is The Current Situation Of March Networks In The Market?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jun 27, 2017

Good day, May I know the current situation of March networks in the market? In terms of the quality of their product and technical support. I would be glad to hear those who experienced their products and services. Thank you. 

JH
John Honovich
Jun 27, 2017
IPVM

#1, good question. Rather than give some off the cuff comments on March, we will schedule a call with them and do an update post on where they are focusing now.

Hopefully, others have comments in the meantime.

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Jun 28, 2017
IPVM

Update: Karas has scheduled a call with them for next week and we will do a post afterwards.

We obviously know of March and have covered and tested their products in the past but we'd like to get current information / analysis done before commenting further.

UI
Jun 29, 2017

Thank you

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jun 27, 2017

I've come across March when working with financial and government customers. Reliable product. Thier price point is only suitable for enterprise clients. 

UI
Jun 28, 2017

How about in terms of industrial customers?

Michael Budalich
Jun 27, 2017
Genetec

I've always wondered this myself. My perception has been that March and Verint are the two major players in the banking vertical. I have never seen March networks anywhere else to be honest.

(1)
UI
Jun 28, 2017

They are only specilize in terms of banking industry? Is there any banking company that they installed before?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jun 28, 2017
In Canada, there are five major banks my understanding is March is in at least two of them.
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Jun 28, 2017

We recently became a March Networks partner. We have one big project pending. My impression so far is that they are well suited to banking and to retail, they have some very interesting analytics that could be quite useful if you're running a large multisite retail operation with centralized loss prevention and quality control. They seem to do a good job when they pick a vertical, but they are definitely not a flexible and broad scope type company.

Their pricing isnt terrible, but its not cheap. They do seem to step up if an opportunity is large enough and provide dedicated "engineer" to assist in implementation. Demo purchase is required, and doesnt appear to be very flexible or a special price.

Ill know more in two months once we've got some of it under our belts.

(2)
Brian Karas
Jul 17, 2017
IPVM

We published our coverage update on March Networks today: March Networks Company Profile, that should provide you with some additional detail on the company.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions