Subscriber Discussion

92% Of American Homeowners Would Feel Safer If Able To Control And Monitor Their Homes.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 08, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Taking a polling tip from the only bigger name in security, (Honeywell Scares People In Their Own Homes), Hikvision says

A recent poll conducted by the company showed that 92% of American homeowners would feel safer if they were able to monitor and control their homes remotely. Eighty nine percent said it would offer them peace of mind.

Leading to the inescapable conclusion that 3% of people do not think that feeling safer offers any additional peace of mind.

I'm wondering of the eight percent who wouldn't feel any safer, is that because they are in an incredibly safe environment that can't get better, like solitary confinement?

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Jan 09, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I'm wondering of the eight percent who wouldn't feel any safer, is that because they are in an incredibly safe environment that can't get better, like solitary confinement?

maybe they have firearms or know kung fu...

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 09, 2016

"I'm wondering of the eight percent who wouldn't feel any safer, is that because they are in an incredibly safe environment that can't get better, like solitary confinement?"

Why/how would 8% of American homeowners be in solitary confinement?

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 10, 2016
IPVMU Certified

It was just jest. It was the best I could do in trying to imagine in what situation could someone honestly say that would not feel safer if they were able to monitor their home. (I'm assuming this means they aren't monitoring currently.)

Maybe some don't see the value in it, so they answer negatively. Or maybe Hik wanted a high but believable number, instead of 99%...

David Johnson
Jan 11, 2016

The other 8% are so wealthy they have their staff to monitor their home(s).

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions