John Honovich
Sep 11, 2016
IPVM

Vote:

U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

You warned us John, but we didn't listen. And now they're here :)

#chineserobotindahouse

U
Undisclosed #2
Sep 11, 2016

I probably would have been the first to respond to this post - except I puked all over my keyboard after viewing it and had to find a replacement keyboard (and mouse) first.

I find ANY advertisements that reference 9/11 to be vile and disgusting.

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Sep 17, 2016
IPVM

And now Knightscope is using the same image to solicit investors:

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 19, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Why don't you send a copy of the solicitation over to the US Capitol Police for comment?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Oct 24, 2016

I am sure unsavory people will be running for the hills now...

U
Undisclosed #1
Oct 25, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I am sure unsavory people will be running for the hills now...

From the Hill as well...

(1)
DL
David Lieberman
Oct 25, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I put this in the same category as using disabled vets (or any vets) to boost your sales. If you're helping vets out of conscience, just do it. Spare us the splashy announcement that you made an insignificant donation to a veterans organization you don't actually care about.

Using misfortune -- anybody's misfortune -- to enhance your revenue is abhorrent.

(3)
UD
Undisclosed Distributor #4
Oct 25, 2016

Why don't these same companies announce the tax credits that come with hiring veterans? You know we have at least 5 US Military vets on our staff and we haven't collected a single tax credit for it. Two of these vets saw combat in Afghanistan (two of them saw "action" in the cold war ;) ) Our reward is providing a job and a way of life for someone who sacrificed on our behalf.

If you're going to tribute 9/11, those who suffered, and/or those who answered the call, then donate some money to Wounded Warrior, help out a soldier's family, buy Christmas gifts for their children... whatever you can do to help a vet in need- don't just appropriate imagery & buzzwords for profit. That's pretty low.

If we knew that all profits/proceeds went to help veterans then I'd say good on them, however, we don't know that to be the case.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions