Subscriber Discussion

What 720p PTZs Can Accept Fiber?

Jon Klieman
Jan 22, 2014

Does anyone know of a PTZ that is on the market that can accept a direct fiber patch cord or connection for video and data?

For the purpose of not having a Cat6 cable available for plugging into a laptop in the filed.

Powered by 24V

thanks

JH
John Honovich
Jan 22, 2014
IPVM

This is an SD IP PTZ that accepts direct fiber - TKH Siqura BC620WDR Reviewed

DP
Danny Pol, van der
May 28, 2014

Sorry to say, but the BC620WDR is a boxed camera, not a PTZ camera.

Nevertheless TKH Siqura has a number of PTZ cameras that does have direct fiber connections:

HSD620
HSD622
HSD626
HSD820H2-E
HSD820H2-I
HSD820H3-E

Visit www.siqura.com for models and details.

Ethan Ace
Jan 22, 2014

The Bosch Autodome 7000 and 8000 will accept fiber via a media converter kit. It's ordered separately and fits in the power supply box, I believe.

CJ
Chris Johnston
Jan 23, 2014

This is correct. The AUTODOME is available with an optional media converter card with an SFP slot.

YD
Yowie De
Jan 23, 2014

Jon , could you please clarify if you are trying to :

a) send base video back over fiber and have a seperate data channel just for telemetry (also over fibre)

b) have an IP PTZ camera with built in media converter to go back over fibre?

Jon Klieman
Jan 23, 2014

The IP PTZ's are called out Sony, Pelco, Axis. From what i found Sony does not have a built in Fiber connection, Axis has a Media Converter, and I have not heard back from Pelco yet. There is the "or approved other", and I found that Bosch has the *fiber conversion kit* that is installed in the housing power supply unit. I am not sure how, or where it is installed in the housing.

Bosch so far is the one (speed dome 700) that i have found with a "built in tranceiver" for a fiber connection. The camera could be dismantled in the field "taken apart" and that network plug used. (highly unlikley).

Just searching the industry to see if any PTZ IP 720P models have that fiber comunication module built in.

hope that helps.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jan 23, 2014

"There is the "or approved other"

Is this to fit a bid specification?

CJ
Chris Johnston
Jan 23, 2014

This is all standards-based Ethernet. You can use SFP modules supplied by Bosch (multimode and single mode fiber options are offered) or those from other suppliers.

CJ
Chris Johnston
Jan 23, 2014

The AUTODOME 700 and 800 Series have been replaced by the new 7000 Series. You are correct, the Fiber Optic Media Converter Kit (VG4-SFPSCKT) is installed into the camera power supply box. The installation of this kit is detailed in the install manual located here: http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/Installation_Guide_enUS_2451613323.pdf

RM
Richard Martinez
Jan 23, 2014
Check with Bosch.
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions