Subscriber Discussion

150 Hardwired Zones - What Security Panel Mfg?

Jason Neubauer
Aug 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I have a commercial building that will have operable windows spread across 3 floors and 100,000 sq feet. They would like to know when they are left open via email/SMS.  What security panel mfg has the ability to expand out that far, I have seen 128 as the max.

I was thinking that each IDF (network closet) would house the zone expansion module. 

Ethan Ace
Aug 23, 2016

Off the top of my head, the Honeywell Vista 250 supports 250 zones (aptly named).

You can land multiple expansion modules in the IDFs.

If that's still not big enough, somehow, you can also link up to 8 panels with the VA8200 panel linking module.

(1)
UE
Undisclosed End User #1
Aug 23, 2016

I think the Bosch D9412GV4 is an option

Mark McRae
Aug 23, 2016
Inaxsys Security Systems

ICT Protege WX does 512 zones on a single control panel; ICT Protege GX does 2,048 zones on a single control panel

Brian Karas
Aug 23, 2016
IPVM

Napco's Gemini C-Series commercial panels can do 255 points. I've always liked the Gemini panels for light automation stuff.

(2)
(1)
Ari Erenthal
Aug 23, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic
(2)
UD
Undisclosed Distributor #2
Aug 24, 2016

Risco Prosys Plus. Up to 512 zones

John Bazyk
Aug 24, 2016
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

DMP is the best option. We recently did an 184 zone home and guest house using the XR550N, originally we planned for Bosch, but it just wasn't cutting it. The Bosch 9412GV4 is a good panel, but lacks any real network/cellular connectivity, and their keypads are outdated.

DMP has awesome apps and web-based interfaces unlike any of the manufacturers mentioned above other than ICT. ICT is probably the next best option.

Videos:

XR Series InfoGraphic

96 Doors of Access

Steve Beck
Aug 24, 2016

The Bosch B9512G alarm panel is an option

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions