What Manufacturers Offer Responsive Web Browser Interfaces?

Ethan Ace
Mar 26, 2018

This topic came up in discussion on our Hikvision Fails To Fix Unsafe Browser Plugin post.

Which manufacturers's web interfaces or VMS/NVR web clients are responsive and size to the device they're viewed on? This allows users to view/use the web interface on mobile devices without downloading apps.

Axis and Hanwha (below) are the first two which come to mind, but are there others? Let us know in the comments.

TB
Tom Baldwin
Apr 02, 2018
Telewire

I have used Axis for over 15 years and have gotten very comfortable with their web interface, log in routine, etc.  then with firmware 7.0 and higher everything changed and don’t care for it at all. I had to call tech support to find out where to set a port for forwarding.  It’s really buried.  Support said port forwarding is a security issue and it probably is.  But would be nice if they would allow roll back to their previous web interface and let  the customer to decide how to configure.  

(1)
Sean Patton
Apr 02, 2018

Tom, you can potentially use Axis Companion as a way allow remote access to the cameras without port forwarding. This will obviously depend on your system and what you're accomplishing with the port forwarding. We had a small discussion about this:

Discussion: Viewing Axis Cameras on the Internet

(1)
TB
Tom Baldwin
Apr 02, 2018
Telewire

Should have researched topic first I guess. At airport on iPad.  Yes I am aware of Companion can do it in the cloud. Sometimes, like my demo site,  have more than 16 cameras or you need to give someone temporary  access.  At least Axis makes you set up a password.  But I just finb the older web interface much easier to navigate.  You don’t have to go to a separate confit page for advanced settings.  Old folks like me just hate change. 😀

Christopher Uiterwyk
Apr 02, 2018
IPConfigure

IPConfigure's "Orchid Core VMS" and "Orchid Fusion VMS" are both web-based. IPConfigure offers two plugin-free solutions, WebRTC for native H.264 video and a real-time JPEG transcoder.

(1)
(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions