We would like your feedback on what equipment/platforms we should test next for access control. Here are just a few ideas, and why we think they're interesting:
- Fingerprint Readers: Test the differences between optical vs semiconductor strip readers to how they perform under various conditions
- Biometric Shootout: In internal discussions, we've talked about testing fingerprint vs fingervein vs palm vs iris readers as a general primer and contrast between the technologies.
- Platform Specific: We're considering platforms like Lenel, AMAG, S2, Honeywell, or Brivo. What would you like to see? Explain why you'd like us to test a recommendation, and disclose your affiliations please.
- Long Range/UHF Readers: Testing a reader like NEDAP's uPass that uses something more than typical RFID tech to read credentials. Testing at 10', 20', or even 30' for vehicle applications
- IP intercoms: 'Shooting out' stock offerings like Stentofon, Commend, and Aiphone an seeing how easy they integrate with leading VMSes.
Your ideas are welcome, and please tell us what you'd like to see. Please make sure you disclose manufacturer affiliations and explain your answers (like I did in the format above).