Subscriber Discussion

GSM Radios For Burglar Systems. Is There A Monthly Fee?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 04, 2017

I never dealt with GSM backup radios before for burglar systems. I was looking at the Teleguard TG-1 Express, besides the purchase price, is there a monthly bill for the cell service (of course besides the monitoring service)?

Thank you

Ari Erenthal
Jan 04, 2017

Generally, the central station charges you startup fee and then a single monthly fee for the service. The price depends on whether you are using a retail third party company like Teleguard or a wholesale third party company. 

Ari Erenthal
Jan 05, 2017

Seems I am actually wrong. Monitoring and data are, in fact, billed separately. Sorry.

Brian Rhodes
Jan 04, 2017
IPVMU Certified

There is a monthly charge for the GSM connection in addition to monitoring.  Teleguard is a dealer offering, and dealer costs are less (this claims ~$5 per month), but the monthly connection charge typically runs ~$10 - $15 to the users.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 04, 2017

typically between $5-6 per month for the lowest data rates. Some are variable based on the amount of data being sent. 300 second supervision for UL fire is around $20 a month our cost. 

Armando Perez
Jan 05, 2017
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

Often built into the central station charge. You can sometimes provide your own simple and pay for cell service separately, but usually isn't worthwhile. If your central won't forward the costs to you you can pay the providers directly (c24, adc, telgard, uplink, etc)

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions