Subscriber Discussion

Panasonic Launches H.265 i-Pro Extreme Camera Series

Brian Karas
Sep 16, 2016
IPVM
Panasonic is adding features such as H.265, FIPS certification, secure communications, and a 5 year warranty to new cameras and recorders in its "i-Pro Extreme" product lineup. We spoke with Charlie ...

Read the full report here
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Sep 20, 2016

I believe that there h265 cameras and nvr support is not released. I tried asking them and they laughed and said soon...

Seemsee funny that they are launching a 720p line. I think many manufacturers are moving to 2mp, 3, 4 and higher.

(1)
(1)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Sep 20, 2016

I've heard that the new NVR will be launched this December ?

But they also claim that Genetec and Video Insight will be supporting them soon as well. Need to see how other VMS follows.

(4)
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Sep 20, 2016

I have been told that the ND500 is coming soon to replace the decade old ND400. Not sure why they're still pushing NVRs and backing away from VI, but they are to us.

Lots of interesting features in this release. AFAIK they are first to have H.265 and a smart codec which would definitely be worth a test.

Interesting that they are using the "EXTREME" tag in the name. Maybe the resurrection of Surge soda made them long for the late 90s.

(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Sep 20, 2016

I think Vivotek beat them to the punch.. H.265 and Smart Stream II

(3)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Sep 20, 2016

Samsung/Hanwha WiseNet Q & P series also have been released with H.265/H.264 and WiseStream Smart Codec.

Also, to note that Panasonic H.265 cameras and NVRs are not yet shipping.

Even before the VI takeover, Pansonic had been talking about dropping hardware NVRs. Yes, the ND400 was long in the tooth, and ready for replacement about 4 years ago, with numerous issues that an upgraded model would have solved.

The new box should be pretty amazing, but in direct competition with VI products...

(1)
(1)
Brian Karas
Sep 20, 2016
IPVM

You've mentioned the fact they are not yet released twice, which I also covered in the post.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
Sep 20, 2016

I buy a large share of my cameras from Panasonic(300-500 yearly), that being said.......

720p cameras need to be priced no more than $180 or they need to be done away with.

1080p cameras need to priced around $200 - $400 depending on options. and not software controlled options, hardware ones.

their 4K line needs to be under $1000

all enterprise storage needs to be done away with along with that god awful ASM software. with the hell you would continue to throw money at that garbage when you bought something vastly superior like VI shows that there is serious problems with leadership and management at Panasonic security.

its sad because the quality of the images you can get out of their 720p and 1080p cameras craps all over most of the other brands including chi-comvison but the waste so much money on stupid crap like the 5 series, and 12 different models of 720p cameras for $400-$600 each?

sad thing is the make great product its just to costly for what they can offer the way they are doing it.

time to gut management and get some one in there with a plan rather than keep pushing out stuff no one wants or things that contradicts your product line( like ASM and VI).

(3)
(1)
(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions