Subscriber Discussion

Can Anybody Factually Rank The Top 5 VMS Amount Of IP Camera Licenses Sold In The US In 2015?

JR
Jim Rao
Aug 24, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Which VMS Vendor sells the most IP camera licenses in the US? Is there a way to list the top 5 for 2015 or YTD 2016? Again, not interested in dollar volume but number of camera licenses sold.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 24, 2016
IPVM

Jim,

Good question. Do you only want VMS software or does that include NVRs that preload / embed VMS software?

Either way, I am not sure that anyone has a verified / audited comparative account.

My point about the VMS / NVR distinction is that the 'top' is likely much different depending on which you include.

JR
Jim Rao
Aug 24, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Yes John it's a difficult calculation when you add the NVR factor into the equation. I wonder what would be a "best case" measurement. My company sells a lot of Exacq into the retail market but I can't assume just because we sell a significant amount of Exacq that other integrators aren't selling equal amounts of other VMS into the same segment. I guess the only measurable standard would be total annual sales dollars.

JH
John Honovich
Aug 24, 2016
IPVM

Exacq is definitely top 5 in the US, in terms of sales, whether its dollar or licenses. Milestone is pretty safe for that categorization as well. I would also guess Genetec, though at far less total number of sites but with far higher average channels per site.

If you count NVRs, Hikvision has to be there as well (not for revenue, but for channels).

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions