Hikvision's Most Innovative Competitor - LTS

JH
John Honovich
Aug 01, 2016
IPVM
It should sound surprising. After all, as our recent LTS test shows, LTS products are Hikvision with very little changes. But LTS has an innovative business model, with an approach we have never see...

Read the full report here

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 01, 2016

We have been dealing with them for a couple of years now no problems at all.

(4)
(1)
UD
Undisclosed Distributor #2
Aug 01, 2016

We have been dealing with them for over a year and we had no business problem.

There is however a support problem.

You should know that if you encounter any problem with a LTS product there is little to no support that you will get from them.

(1)
(1)
(2)
MM
Michael Miller
Aug 01, 2016

I get at least one phone call, email or flyer a week from LTS. I am lucky to speak to my Hikvision rep once a quarter.

(3)
(2)
U
Undisclosed #5
Aug 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I am lucky to speak to my Hikvision rep once a quarter.

I think your luck, and possibly your rep, may just be changing ;)

(1)
MC
Marty Calhoun
Aug 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Speak to your regional rep about that problem if you are really looking for a resolve

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #5
Aug 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Speak to your regional rep about that problem if you are really looking for a resolve...

I really am. And I'll gladly speak to whomever will listen, if that's what it will take to make Mike's rep stop by more often :)

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Aug 01, 2016

IMO LTS is hilvision equipment just at a cheaper price point. But yes, the lts people are really good. Puts ADI staff to shame.

(1)
(1)
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Aug 01, 2016

I work with both. I prefer going to the actual manufacture instead of OEM but I have to say working with LTS is so smooth and easy. when I place an order I can trust that it'll be processed and shipped out the same day. It doesn't take effort to work with them. Working with distributors like ADI takes a lot of hand holding on my part to make sure orders are correct, are processed quickly, and delivered in a reasonable time. RMAs are very similar. So not only do the products cost more going through a "value added" distributor, it costs me more time to get orders completed.

The only issue I have with LTS is that some locations IMO have shady selling practices that are completely against their terms to purchase their products.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #5
Aug 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Hikvision's Most Innovative Competitor - LTS

As a company, you know you are doing well when your most innovative competitor sells nothing but your innovations. :)

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #6
Aug 03, 2016

Which Hikvision product is innovative? "Cheap" is not innovation. No one looks at Walmart and says "now that is innovation... Next Apple in the making right there".

Successful? No doubt. Disruptive? Absolutely. Innovative? Not yet.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #5
Aug 03, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Maybe: Hikvision Darkfighter 1/2" Imager Camera Tested?

P.S. 'sells nothing but your innovations' claims poetic license in any event.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Aug 03, 2016

Nothing was said about Hikvision or LTS products being innovative. The title referred to their method of doing things with slight racist undertones.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 03, 2016
IPVM

"Cheap" is not innovation.

The term 'innovation' is used in various ways.

In the context of this post, I mean 'business model innovation'. LTS obviously is not technologically innovative, but their combination of go-to-market strategies is innovative for this market.

Likewise, even if you ignore Hikvision's technology, there's clearly an enormous business model innovation. They were able to get the world's largest communist party to fund them, enabling them to do everything they are doing today. What other video surveillance manufacturer has ever attempted that business model?

(2)
U
Undisclosed #5
Aug 03, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Also pioneered by Hik, the ol' "U.S. based company" line, OEMed by LTS below:

(1)
Jonathan Lawry
Aug 05, 2016
Trecerdo, LLC

The assertion that younger workers have "less external distractions" is unsupported by data.

Don't know about you, but I had way too many external distractions when I was younger!

(1)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 05, 2016
IPVM

The assertion that younger workers have "less external distractions" is unsupported by data.

Please share your data.

If you look at banking, consulting, law firms, etc., the people who work the most hours are those straight out of college.

(1)
Jonathan Lawry
Aug 05, 2016
Trecerdo, LLC

I only have a sample set of one, sadly.

Certainly younger workers work the most hours, but this is not necessarily correlated to a lack of "external distractions".

In my 20's, I worked 70-80 hours a week. However, those hours might have been more productive if I had fewer "external distractions", some of whom would show up at the office unannounced and cause a scene in front of my boss.

U
Undisclosed #5
Aug 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Perhaps

On the positive side, because they are young, they tend to be more gung-ho and with less external distractions commitments as older employees.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 05, 2016
IPVM

I agree commitments is better word choice than distractions, I was implying children / family obligations.

keith maxwell
Nov 21, 2016
Northeast Remote Surveillance and alarm, LLC

Biggest Reason for me LTS over Hikvision LTS warranty smacks the snot out of Hikvision. 3 Year over the counter exchange, no questions asked in the extremely rare instance there is a problem. cement LTS repairs nothing you cannot even get a replacement board. I tried for a customers LTS SDI recorder. I use LTS for TVI and entry level IP going to other brands for higher end. You can also upgrade LTS firmware to Hikvision on the comparable models. To me its interchangeable.

(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Nov 21, 2016

You can also upgrade LTS firmware to Hikvision on the comparable models. To me its interchangeable.

When was the last time your tried this?

(1)
UD
Undisclosed Distributor #7
Dec 07, 2016

Not anymore even by TFTP!

keith maxwell
Nov 21, 2016

A few moths back. I have not had the need to recently.

Another nice feature with LTS is they ship till 6pm for next day delivery. In a pinch its nice, also simple blind drop shopping when working out of town..

MM
Michael Miller
Nov 22, 2016

What is your go to manufacture for "higher end" customers?

keith maxwell
Nov 22, 2016

I like the geovision products as a step up by no means highend. No annual licensing fees. My current customer base doesn't have many "Hi End Customers" !

My verticle markets have become multi family housing, Low income housing, Industrial, and Manufacturing. None of which are looking for 4k or higher resolution.

I do almost zero retail and residential.

(1)
David Johnson
Nov 22, 2016

I've had only positive experiences with LTS. They also seem to have the latest Hik gear (branded as LTS) before it's available from ADI. Very quick response to orders.

(1)
UD
Undisclosed Distributor #7
Dec 07, 2016

We used to sell LTS and Hikvision, Hik threatened to stop dealing with LTS if they did not drop us as distributors as we were selling alot of LTS. One issue we found with LTS was that firmware issues were not sorted until 2 -4 months after Hiks own models were sorted.

(1)
(2)
keith maxwell
Feb 01, 2017

John how did I get labeled  with saying LTS is hikvusions most innovative competitor.  I  dont see where I posted those words. Cheap and innovative do not eork in the same sentence last time I checked.  How can a brand be more innovative than its OEM? Kinda of like CNN around here?  Better performsnce than Hikvision for the same money all day. About as innovative as a graphite pencil.  Just to clear the air.

U
Undisclosed #5
Feb 01, 2017
IPVMU Certified

John how did I get labeled...

Where did you get labeled?

keith maxwell
Feb 01, 2017

keith maxwell
Feb 01, 2017

Yeah maybe I overeacted a little I guess google loves me but wtf>

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions