Final Exam Preparation Questions? Ask Them Here.

Brian Rhodes
Jun 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Let's use this thread to ask questions relating to the final exam. While general test content/ concept questions are good, exact test questions are not.

Feel free to ask your questions here. We will respond directly.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

How many questions, approx?

Are there sections?

Is there material on the test that might only have been covered in the audio of the webinars?

Brian Rhodes
Jun 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Good questions. I posted them in bold below, and a few other common question answers about the test:

1) It is a comprehensive final (covering classes 1 -12) of about 50 questions.

2) Question format follow the quizzes; either multiple choice or fill-in-the-blank.

3) The exam is timed. Students have 120 minutes to finish the exam in one sitting. (One you begin, you have to finish.)

4) It is automatically marked, but I review each test. This way, each score is verified and/or adjusted if the system counts a fill-in-the-blank wrong, but a misspelling or something petty like that was the cause.

5) All quizzes must be taken before receiving a chance to take the final exam.

6) High scores on the quiz don't indicate students will pass, but poor quiz scores generally foretell a failing score.

7) All students receive a course-summary .pdf 'Key Lesson Guide' to study from and use on the exam.

8) If students score 90%+ on the final, they pass.

9) If students score <70% on the final, they fail outright.

10) If students score between 70% - 89% on the first attempt, they earn a chance to 'resubmit' their missed answers in a single extra attempt to raise their score. Most students that pass the test do so as a product of resubmitting. I send a grade report to everyone after checking their exam that invites eligible students to resubmit.

11) There is only one section/part.

12) Everything on the test is listed in our "Key Lessons" pdf study guide that will be released on Friday. No 'audio only' sourced questions.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

3) The exam is timed. Students have 120 minutes to finish the exam in one sitting. (One you begin, you have to finish.)

Do you have to be aware when the 120 is up to submit, or does it automatically take whatever you have at that point?

4) It is automatically marked, but I review each test...

Can the score ever go down after reviewing, or can we count on it as a minimum?

10) If students score between 70%-89% on the first attempt, they earn a chance to resubmit...

If students score 90%+ but < 100% can they resubmit as well, or at least have their certification reflect 'One and Done' in some tasteful yet prominent manner?

Brian Rhodes
Jun 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Do you have to be aware when the 120 is up to submit, or does it automatically take whatever you have at that point?

Our test form includes a timer, but if time expires before all are answered the blank ones are voided when the test is submitted. This is regardless if they are answered after the timer ends or not.

Can the score ever go down after reviewing, or can we count on it as a minimum?

Yes, scores can go down. But you'll get an explanation why.

If students score 90%+ but < 100% can they resubmit as well, or at least have their certification reflect 'One and Done' in some tasteful yet prominent manner?

Anyone scoring 90%+ just passes. No resubmit necessary.

We offer a free 'single shot certified' face tattoo, applied by me and live tweeted (you pick up travel expenses) for those who pass on the first attempt. (just kidding)

Everyone who passes the certification, one shot or via resubmit, gets a certificate, listed on http://ipvm.com/certified, and a special signature flag next to their forum names. Those are all tasteful yet prominent.

DL
David Lieberman
Jun 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I cannot paste graphic screenshots into the IPVM page. Will there be any questions requiring it?

JH
John Honovich
Jun 05, 2016
IPVM

No, you don't need to paste any graphic screenshots. Btw, for discussions / assignments, you can upload them using the upload image icon above each comment entry.

LR
Lester Regales
Jun 13, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Hi Brian,

Is there classification like IP 55 for outdoor use? Is a iCLASS SE® readers indoor/outdoor type?

Brian Rhodes
Jun 13, 2016
IPVMU Certified

This is a good general question, and I'll start a new topic on it, but in general if readers are 'outdoor rated' they are potted/ sealed against entrainment of water or dust. These methods are not validated by an IP xx rating, so an IP rating is not always given even though a unit is suitable for outside installs.

Here's an example out how 'outdoor rated' units are built:

'Indoor only' units generally are biometric types, but outdoor units are pretty common with other credential factors.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 13, 2016
IPVMU Certified

This is a good general question, and I'll start a new topic on it...

Will this always be "our" private forum, i.e. AF Class of Spring 2016?

This must be how old boy (and girl) networks get started. ;)

Brian Rhodes
Jun 13, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Yes, this is a 'class only' forum, so now/in the future only members of the class have access.

LR
Lester Regales
Jun 21, 2016
IPVMU Certified

My request to HID:
But if the reader is outside in sun area, and lot of dust, heavy rain , Caribbean area I think it will better use a class IP66

HID reply: With this gasket the iCLASS SE readers are IP65 rated and enough and will resist very well the environmental conditions you described.

There’s not a specsheet for the Gasket because it’s a too simple accessory. But I include an image of how it is installed along with the reader.

Brian Rhodes
Jun 13, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Also, I just looked at the iClass SE specsheet, and they claim up to IP65 if used with the additional back gasket:

CT
Chris Tryon
Jun 17, 2016
GilCat Solutions • IPVMU Certified

Brian,

Thank you for a wonderful course and videos. They were just outstanding learning material and I am looking forward to taking more classes with you going forward.

I took my final exam on Wednesday, but I have not received a confirmation email for my final score.

Could you please help me?

Thanks,

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions