Yi 2 Intelligent Camera Test

John Scanlan
Apr 27, 2016
IPVM • IPVMU Certified
Intro   Impact   Pricing Tech Support Physical Construction Camera Setup App Usability  ...

Read the full report here

Attila Szűcs
May 12, 2016

Why baby crying detector is missing? I find it nice, as this looks like to be the most useful function of this camera.

Any info about it?

John Scanlan
May 12, 2016
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

The feature is advertised, but not included (as is people counting). We emailed the manufacturer and have not heard back. I will be sure to update here if / when a response is received.

(1)
Ethan Ace
May 19, 2016

Surprisingly, literally a week after completing our test, Xiaomi released an update to the camera which supports baby crying detection. We haven't tested it but it is indeed now part of the app:

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
May 19, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Surprisingly, literally a week after completing our test, Xiaomi released an update to the camera which supports baby crying detection.

Apparently, Xiaomi is another Chinese camera maker who "really listens" to their customers requests. Just face the mic.

U
Undisclosed #1
May 15, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I know it's a long shot, but is there any evidence that this camera actually supports a RTSP stream that could be captured by a VMS or other client?

Ethan Ace
May 15, 2016

No evidence I've seen. All ports closed, and we've wiresharked it and it sets up a TLS tunnel pretty much immediately. If there's a way to get RTSP out of it, I don't know what it is.

GG
Gautham Gopalakrishna
Sep 24, 2016

Yes, it does support RTSP, but you will need a cracked firmware. Check out this link http://robinhenniges.com/en/fix-xiaomi-xiaoyi-small-ant

I was able to use the firmware and get it up and running some time ago. Check the attached screen shot.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 24, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Yes, it does support RTSP, but you will need a cracked firmware.

Nice find, Gauthum.

Though a cracked firmware could support just about anything, e.g. ONVIF profile S on a Mobotix q24. :)

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions