Axis P3225-LVE Camera Tested

Ethan Ace
Mar 28, 2016
1. physical overview video2. config video3. shoot indoor video, make comparison4. use low light test images for outdoor — one <1 lux, one >1 lux5. indoor bandwidth6. ???7. Profit!...

Read the full report here

Ethan Ace
Apr 18, 2016

Note: this test was performed prior to the release of Avigilon's new H4 line, which is why H3 cameras were included in comparisons here.

We bought and have received H4 models and plan to release test results next week.

Rich Moore
Apr 18, 2016
I am curious how the Uniview IPC3232ER-DV would compare as this model has IR as well as WDR.
DF
Donatas Fankinas
Apr 18, 2016
Great news! I'm waiting to see this results :)
(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 18, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

I wonder how the 2742 Hik would do in these comparisons. With a street price hundreds less (~$300), and most of the same specs, this is where Hik is killing it.

(2)
(1)
(1)
(1)
Ethan Ace
Apr 18, 2016

We haven't tested that one, but we are just wrapping up a report on the 4MP EXIR models. We buy and test a lot of Hikvision models (two more are en route), but we can't cover every last one!

Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 18, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

We have some of these in the field now and like the quality of images. We also have some of the Dahua IPC-HDBW4421E in the field, but it seems the Hik implementation has a little more clarity, maybe due to better lens?

MI
Matt Ion
Apr 18, 2016

We've started using these in our low-light restaurants instead of the P3384-V/VE, they're almost as good with WDR in low light as the 3384 is in "Lightfinder" mode... and they're 2MP vs 1MP. Very nice cameras.

(1)
(2)
SR
Samuel Rodgers
Apr 18, 2016

We've started using them as well since we use primarily Axis and happy with the results as well.

Have had a few issues with them not autofocusing properly out of the box though. Have had to send a few back to Axis.

(2)
RW
Richard Williams
Apr 20, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Usually if you calibrate the lens, it will fix the autofocus issue.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions