2016 Top Security Expansion Targets Disclosed

JH
John Honovich
Nov 17, 2015
IPVM
100+ integrators told IPVM what products, technologies and manufacturers are their top expansion targets....

Read the full update here

KA
Konstantin Avramenko
Nov 17, 2015

In other words, the video surveillance market saturation is high and system integrators need to expand their proposals by adding something (video analytics or access control) to get more money from the existent customer base or switch to the low cost but quality enough products (Hikvision) to fit into the budgets of the new low-end customers.

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Nov 17, 2015
IPVM

Yes, there are certainly other niche opportunities available but, broadly speaking, that's the options to differentiate with newer offerings.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Nov 19, 2015

You might as well have put Hik for 1&2.

They've already got access control systems in China and their analytics are pretty good too.

They've shaken up taken over the video market. The access and intruder markets are in for a bumpy ride.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 19, 2015
IPVM

"They've already got access control systems in China and their analytics are pretty good too."

Whatever access control they have in China, since they are not selling it in the West now, has no impact.

You must have low standards for quality of analytics. We recently finished testing and they were decidedly mediocre and had accuracy issues.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Nov 20, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Whatever access control they have in China, since they are not selling it in the West now, has no impact

Maybe not North America, but Access Control was recently announced for Europe at Infosec.

Would really love to be a fly on the wall in the global strategizing sessions at HikQ:(if I understood Manadarin)

"So let's roll out IVMS 5200 to Europe and maybe Access Control too, ok?"

"The U.S. too?"

"Nah. Give 'em EZVIZ!"

Campbell Chang
Nov 23, 2015

I assume you haven't written the report for this test yet? Or have I missed the article.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 23, 2015
IPVM

No, not released, we are trying to space out our Hikvision posts. We have a Hikvision analytics and smart codec test report still in queue.

U
Undisclosed
Nov 20, 2015

Hikvision has said they are not selling access control in the US "at this time". It seems to me that one should assume everything they make is going to show up in the US market eventually. Now their solution was more residential housing oriented so I'd expect them to crush the A1001 and Wink before more traditional offerings but, um, prolly a bad one to ignore it IMO.

Analytics might in fact suck but it's one of the few reasons left to buy $1000 cameras when you can get them for 3 bucks on a street corner in China. Besides, when has the bad performance of a video solution stopped vendors from pushing it ;-)

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions