Subscriber Discussion

Thursday July 2nd Daily Update

Derek Ward
Jul 02, 2015
Hanwha

- Minor Avigilon report edits with Ethan.

- Reshot the physical overview video to include a better physical comparison.

- Talked to Matt for a bit to check in and offer my thoughts/feedback with his test videos.

- Sent a list of topics for the Common Video Flaws report I aim to do to Ethan. Topics I plan to cover are:

For this, we need to expand or pinpoint exactly what we plan to show. I've linked to reports that have some type of example already available, but I could do a quick example myself if we feel the need to. Want to show a bad example along with a "How to Fix/Fixed/Good" example.

- Edited Avigilon camera pricing in camera finder to reflect a 15% discount off MSRP. This has been applied to all Avigilon cameras.

Hope everyone has a great and safe July 4th this weekend!

Ethan Ace
Jul 02, 2015

So you linked to a bunch of reports on these general topics, but what specific examples for each? I'm not sure what the WDR Tutorial has that we'd show here, for example. We need an example of WDR blur. Get those together and we'll go from there.

Ethan Ace
Jul 02, 2015

Today:

-- Wrap up Avigilon micro dome edits with Derek, review with John. Edits made, but I believe you said you were going to add a comment about this being their lowest cost dome, etc.

-- Wrap up Axis CC 3. Added in screenshot and comment about remote access being an ACAP application.

-- The UBNT Micro is up and running and the NVR is restreaming RTSP. I can't get that stream to open in Exacq, though it works in VLC. The IR illuminator is super weak, which is partly to be expected, but so weak it's nearly pointless. The cable is also a little strange, because it's so thin it's easily tangled.

-- Set up Axis cameras to record to the SanDisk/Axis surveillance SD cards. One is set to continuous/motion, the other is motion only. I'm going to set up events for card faults, too.

I want to do a couple of things yet today but need to meet my mom for a bit. Be back later.

MT
Matt Transue
Jul 02, 2015

Emails throughout the day

Shot a couple of test videos to see how the setup looks and sounds on recordings. Sent to John for review and feedback. Also tried a take where I discussed indoor vs. outdoor cameras. John provided me with some good feedback which I will continue to improve on.

Updated Shutter / Exposure tutorial quiz

Emailed Surveillance-Video.com again

Ordered a softbox studio lighting kit to help with the very poor lighting I have here. I expect this to arrive by end of day Saturday.

I will continue practicing the video presentation over the weekend as I need to work on my delivery and confidence while in front of the camera. I will also have grading finished by Sunday night.

Have a great Independence Day weekend and please call my cell if anyone needs me

JH
John Honovich
Jul 05, 2015
IPVM

Derek, For the common flaws report, the images / videos need to tell the story. This means that they need to be clear, add callouts as appropriate, re-arrange images as appropriate, zoom in if needed, create gifs, etc.

If people have to read the text to get the point, you've failed in conveying the information crisply and directly.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions