Subscriber Discussion

Tuesday June 16th Daily Update

Derek Ward
Jun 16, 2015
Hanwha

Grabbed screenshots from all the parking lot entrance testing I did yesterday to begin creating comparisons.

Made image edits for the FLIR TCX report.

Went over Piper findings with Ethan, and also took comparisons images with the Canary and Dropcam.

Did Piper videos that Ethan will give me feedback on. The plan Thursday is to correct videos based off feedback and have a complete draft of the Piper report before the day ends. Also, piper got back and said that the "image quality looks normal"... jeez... Also, no way to dewarp.

I'll see you all Thursday!

JH
John Honovich
Jun 16, 2015
IPVM

Is parking lot entrance post done? Is FLIR TCX done?

We need to close stuff out.

Brian Rhodes
Jun 17, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Aviligon Access did not get done today, which was my goal.

• They essentially reinstalled ACM on my appliance while on remote session today. I saw nothing that indicated which version of ruby on rails they are using. The tech support guy remoted into it with something like telnet and pushed an msi file and installed it that way. In the meantime, it appears they fixed the live updates issue I was having.
  • I also learned the license they ship doesn't include any video integration. They make you ask for another license. It's $0, but what a collosial cluster. The only differentiator for using Avigilon access is video integration with Avigilon, and they don't do this in an easy or effective way.
  • BRK emailed me back and said Avigilon isn't going to talk to us on or off the record about ACM. Funny how I spent over two hours on a support call with them today.

Summary: Lenel does a better job at video than Avigilon does at access.

• I did two review classes.
  • The IP Network final is open, I sent a newsletter announcing it.
  • I heard from Cisco, they are morons and afraid to directly answer any questions without convening a committee. However I have a call with them next Friday.
Ethan Ace
Jun 17, 2015

Milestone CARES post.

FLIR will be done tomorrow. I've done edits to it tonight. I need to do the demo video you suggested and take another look at the whole thing, but should be good.

Did Canary edits, that's good for the morning.

Added a contact and light switch to Piper. I'm not very impressed. You can send alerts and start recording based on contact state, and turn a light on. You can do this regardless of what armed state the system is in. And that's about it.

Also, Piper doesn't let you add a user, so your family has to all log into the app using one account. Nor do they arm/disarm based on location. And like Canary, no search/export. What is wrong with these people?

Helped Derek shoot Piper comparison images and IR FOV.

Tomorrow I will wrap FLIR and the surveillence presentation outline. I would've liked to have gotten more done today but have felt like garbage off and on since afternoon. Tomorrow should be better.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions