Subscriber Discussion

Hikvision 4K Bullet Camera

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jun 16, 2015

Is IPVM planning on testing the DS-2CD4A85F-IZH Hikvision 4K bullet camera? I have it on the bench here at the shop but I haven't opened it yet.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 16, 2015
IPVM

Is that shipping in the US yet?

I am not sure if we will test that.

Our next Hikvision camera test will be the DS-2CD6026FHWD-A3 because it is supposed to be their top of line ultra low light, true WDR 1080p offering. We just bought that a few days ago.

MM
Michael Miller
Jun 16, 2015

Do you plan to test the analytics or will this test be image quality only?

BG
Bob Germain
Jun 16, 2015

John- the 4K cameras are shipping. DS-9632NI-H8 NVR would be required for recording. Supply is still limited. I will check on 3rd Party VMS support.

Bob (Hikvision)

U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 16, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Bob, do you have a rough estimate when the first hik.265 cameras will ship?

BG
Bob Germain
Jun 17, 2015

It would likley be in Q4. NVRs which support H.265 will be ready then as well.

Bob

UI
Jul 14, 2015

Any significant findings with Hikvision's new ultra low light camera?

I found HIK's 4K low light performance was similar to the Dahua 4K bullet IPVM tested earlier this year.

UI
Jun 16, 2015

Update: It connected today to exacqVision 6.8 via ONVIF. So far it is recording fine on server. Some of the default settings are little different than previous high end HIK cameras. For example it defaults to CBR instead of VBR. Set for semi-auto focus, WDR and HLC are turned off. Also, has remote focus and zoom through the client as well which is rare for exacq.

Greg M. Ray
Jun 22, 2015

Suggested wholesale cost?

BG
Bob Germain
Jun 22, 2015

Greg- contact your local authorized Hikvision distributor or Regional Sales Manager for pricing.

Bob (Hikvision)

U
Undisclosed #2
Jun 22, 2015
IPVMU Certified

A bit condescsending, no?

<edit> apology Bob/John. I thought Greg was asking A.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jun 22, 2015
IPVM

No, not condescending. I doubt any manufacturer is going to quote wholesale pricing on the Internet, whether it is an IPVM discussion or any other site.

Greg M. Ray
Jun 22, 2015

ADI COST 859.99 Reason I asked was my initial dificulty with ADI Global site and part number. I did not take any remarks to be condesending not on this site. John will correct those incorrect remarks if an issue founded on reasonble pricipals... he did it once for me

Jim Kirk
Oct 21, 2015

I started looking at the Hikvision 8MP Bullet, DS-2CD4585F-IZH, for use with Surveillance Station 7.1 Beta which I'm using. Got a good price and delivery time at 123Security, $842.60 USD.

https://www.123securityproducts.com/ds-2cd4a85f-izh.html

Not a supported camera. Contacted Synology to see if I could set it up as 6MP DS-2CD4A65F-IZH which is a supported camera. Told not likely-different chipset. Contacted Hikvision to see if I could set it up as OVNIF because SS says they are compatible with ONVIF Profile S v2.4. Got this response:

Unfortunately we are not compatible with ONVIF Profile S v2.4. We are compatible with Profile S v2.2 and lower.

Bottom Line: Can't use 8MP with SS at this time. So I'm looking at 6MP Bullet (also a new model as is the 6MP Dome) to replace a Hikvision 3MP Bullet, DS-2CD2032-I.

FYI I'm using SS on a DS414 with (4) 4TB drives. Recording 100% of the time with (3) 3MP cameras at 2048x1536, 6 fps. Home Surveiillance of my house. Want to upgrade to more MP for more detail on playback since I'm not live monitoring.

U
Undisclosed #2
Oct 21, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Unfortunately we are not compatible with ONVIF Profile S v2.4. We are compatible with Profile S v2.2 and lower.

This answer is confused. The whole point of the profile system is to guarantee a certain level of compatibility between those claiming a profile.

ANY device that is (any level) Profile S compatible should (in theory) be able function with any Profile S client. Since Hik is claiming 2.2 and Syn 2.4, only the features added in 2.4 would not be available.

On the other hand, I do not show that exact Hik camera listed as Profile S at all.

Jim Kirk
Oct 21, 2015

This answer is confused.

Just to get the answer I got from Hikvision took me more work that it did to set up my DS. LOL.

MM
Michael Miller
Oct 21, 2015

Finally got this camera in and mounted. It connects with Avigilon and records on motion detection without issue.

(1)
Jim Kirk
Oct 21, 2015

Michael,

The 8MP has a motorized zoom (DS-2CD4A85F-IZH). Is it working with Avigilon?

MM
Michael Miller
Oct 21, 2015

Yup it works

Jim Kirk
Oct 21, 2015

Michael,

I'm using Synology SS. Can you and "Undisclosed 1 Integrator" tell me more about your hardware and software configurations. I prefer dedicated hardware but I'm open to change.

Michael:Did you set the 8MP up as an ONVIF?

MM
Michael Miller
Oct 21, 2015

James yes Hikvision cameras connect via ONVIF to Avigilon's VMS. Avigilon is a windows based VMS solution so you need a computer/server running Windows 7 or better to run the software. The demo system at our office would not be somthing that you would run at your home unless you are a CCTV nut like some of us are here :). Our demo Avigilon system is running in VMware on a supermicro server with Fiber Channel storage.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions