JH
John Honovich
Apr 07, 2015
IPVM
JH
John Honovich
Apr 07, 2015
IPVM

Someone asked offline about the relationship of Pelco's panoramic to Arecont. Pelco's response: "Pelco’s Dragonfly cameras have nothing whatsoever to do with ArecontVision."

(1)
(1)
JG
James Gowan
Apr 29, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Pelco cameras are supported in Genetec. Any reason to think these would not?

JH
John Honovich
Apr 29, 2015
IPVM

The immersive control for Dragonfly cameras are more complex to integrate / support than regular streaming video.

I have no idea what Genetec will do here. However, in general, the more complex the integration, the lower the probability that integration occurs.

I'd expect to be 'straight' video from these cameras to be fairly widely supported. I'd expected the immersive controls to be less so.

Ethan Ace
May 21, 2015

Update: Pelco has released the 180 versions of these Cameras and they are now officially called "Optera." 270 and 360 models are scheduled for Fall.

JG
Jesse Guenter
Aug 18, 2015

Has anyone used the 180's yet? I am looking into a project that we could install a few... but I hate being the guinea pig ;-)

JH
John Honovich
Aug 18, 2015
IPVM

Jesse,

We are the guinea pigs! We bought one and are in the middle of testing it. Expect the results report to be published next week or the week after.

JG
Jesse Guenter
Aug 18, 2015

Great news John! once again IPVM team rocks!

DL
Denzil Lewis
Oct 15, 2015
IPVMU Certified

John,

Like Jesse we're in the planning stages of a few small projects and would definitely like to use this Pelco offering. Any status on the test results?

P.S. just for "an informed decision" sake; have you guys ever tested the WDR rated Arecont 12MP 180 cameras?

JH
John Honovich
Oct 15, 2015
IPVM

We delayed the test results but Pelco did not have integration with its own VMS. That just got added in the past week, so now we are aiming to wrap it up next week.

We have already tested the 12MP Arecont WDR Omni.

Ethan Ace
Oct 15, 2015

We should have chimed in a little earlier on this, but we put the Optera test on hold to wait for VMS compatibility. I'm back on it now, actually getting it set up as we speak. I'd expect it by month's end.

We haven't tested their WDR 180, but we tested the SurroundVideo Omni which is 12MP/WDR. The sensor overall is better than their old generation 8MP SurroundVideo, but the WDR is average compared to a lot of true WDR cameras today.

DL
Denzil Lewis
Oct 16, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Understood. Thanks guys, will loook out for those test results

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions