US President Wants $75 Million for Body-Worn Cameras

Brian Rhodes
Dec 01, 2014
IPVMU Certified
In response to The Proposal "As part of this initiative, a new Body Worn Camera Partnership Program would provide a 50 percent match to States/localities who purchase body worn cameras and requ...

Read the full update here

JH
John Honovich
Dec 02, 2014
IPVM

We are going to test a body worn camera. Right now, we are considering Vievu and Taser.

If anyone has any experiences or recommendations, feel free to share.

Brian Rhodes
Dec 02, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Anecdotally, I've spoken to a few (sworn) local LEOs about this proposal, and they all told me they doubt many departments will take advantage of this due to not having the 50% match.

One told me: "I'd bet most don 't have the matching part of that equation, so it's just a headline."

Jon Dillabaugh
Dec 02, 2014
Pro Focus LLC

The Vievu is the one that I have seen used by our local jurisdiction.

Brian Rhodes
Dec 04, 2014
IPVMU Certified

I caught this article: Albuquerque PD Fires Cop For Not Turning Body Cam On Before Fatal Shooting

In summary, the cop said he turned it on but it didn't record. The camera manufacturer said the cop is lying about that.

This is a prime example of the technical and procedural issues that need to be addressed before these cameras are more widely used.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions