Monday November 4, 2013 Daily Update

Ethan Ace
Nov 04, 2013

Today:

- Did wide angle (M3006 + box cameras) shot for conference room in camera positioning guide.

- Went over how we'll present images for this with Derek, will post some samples tonight so we're all on the same page before we go much further with shots.

- Hallway full light shots with 720p/1080p/5MP/10MP, including corridor mode. Going to do low light tomorrow. People are still here tonight, so we can't shut all the lights off. We'll shoot all the low light stuff for this tomorrow.

- Transferred last class's PPF slides to new deck, bulked up some. Will finish tomorrow latest. Also working on them tonight. Mostly we need editing and pictures.

- Trying to set up appointments for new space again, since I dropped off on that.

Ethan Ace
Nov 04, 2013

Oh also: we need to address Sarit's need for cameras which are stable. We had access to some outside but they've rearranged them and replaced some and now we don't have them. I'll talk to CSI about opening that up. We can also keep some set up on the desk, and will re-orient them and clean up a bit, but there is only so much I can do here. We don't have place to store everything, so some clutter is unavoidable.

Brian Rhodes
Nov 04, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Sent emails to class

Did slide 8 deck for Access, got a good start of class 9.

Reserched National Building Code of Canada, for tomorrows class and future update.

Still going on discussion topics.

LOLd at Derek fail at the IK test question, but then he redeemed himself. It's worth buying an IK10 camera and beating it with a sledge to show just how much abuse such a device can take.

CP
Carlton Purvis
Nov 05, 2013
Here's the school maintenance post: http://ipvm.com/updates/2312 | I didn't find anything solid on when these systems were originally installed but I asked the schools. I'll update if I hear back from them. No word from Mary Lynn Garcia yet, will follow up with her tomorrow.

Will also follow up again with Margarita on a time to interview this week.

Going to see what additional information I can get about the story about a rape that a camera missed. They fixed the camera the next day.

Talked to DHS. That VQIPS meeting in Houston has not been rescheduled yet but they will let us know when it is. The guy at DHS says he does recall a study about operators and camera monitoring time that may have included eye strain and he's going to try and locate it.

Looking up stuff about this I found out you have to be licensed and take a test to be an operator in the UK. And DHS does have a training manual I found out. I was thinking of a post "Government Standards To Be An Operator "

JH
John Honovich
Nov 05, 2013
IPVM

Regarding school story, Glover probably knows details. I'll chat with him. It looks like the blame is going on the integrator for being unresponsive. Curious if there was a maintenance contract in place or if the school had money to pay for maintenance.

Yeah, in the UK, you have to have a license. That's been that way for years but not really of much interest to most readers. However, the DHS training manual might make a B level post.

SW
Sarit Williams
Nov 05, 2013
  • Completed VMS Camera Configuration Tutorial- John, let's go over it tomorrow or maybe email me your input?
  • Added to Training Post with Manufacturer responses- waiting on NO and Genetec, and we should be ready to publish this one.
  • Worked on 3 videos for VMS Camera Configuration post
  • Checked with manufacturers on Mobile app audio support- so far 2 responses and both are "its not supported".

Tomorrow:

• Finish a couple more videos for Configuration post
  • Start on VMS Storage article
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions