JH
John Honovich
Apr 16, 2019
IPVM

Post your daily update.

Ethan Ace
Apr 17, 2019

- final edits to dahua multi imager and released

- went over github issues to close out old stuff, figure out possible next tests in queue, will order a couple things up for testing tonight

- some testing of lights for controllable lighting project. i have an email in to a rep i worked with at csi who sells one manufacturer for assistance, and hoping to get a design they can quote us on so we know what we're in for.

- helped scanlan with next to do items

- publishing discussions with everyone

- discussed speco test with rob, will shoot ASAP tomorrow, wrap up

- some answers to users and updates to axis hd analog report

Jessica Roccia
Apr 17, 2019

Posted the rest of the final exam questions into the admin survey

Talked with Scanlan about arranging a meeting with him and Brian to discuss week 5 content and the update on week 6 article on poles

Sat in on camera course

Met with Scanlan and Brian.  Discussed that we will be moving the riser cable article to week 6 and the poles article will be updated in week 6.

Started to take out riser cable quiz questions from the week 5 quiz and put them into week 6

Sat in on installation course

Will complete week 5 quiz tomorrow and start the review guide for the final

Seth Bartynski
Apr 17, 2019
IPVM

Wrapped up and optimized pagination fix, sent to review, added tests and made tweaks per Kyle's recommendation, deployed to production, verified working on the home page (discussions table is cached, the newer ones are working fine, I'm thinking the topics with > 60 posts will have their links fixed once a new post is made so the table item changes).

Worked on multi authors: removed single author requirement, added validation for authors, documented all the places "report.user" is used, began switching those over, documented where report author names / initials are displayed, changed those methods, updated tests, changed filter on admin page, and began changing swiftype.  For tomorrow: rework scoreboard reads calculation, tweak appearance of author names when multiple, verify it's working in each place.

Looked into blocking old browsers from accessing calculator.

Bumped Hint on how to delete calculator permalinks.

Worked on updating staging calculator site certificate, updated DNS records, will check tomorrow to see if this has properly propagated and verified; if not, will discuss with Kyle.

Goals for tomorrow: wrap up multi authors work, get feedback on approach from Kyle, and review work for Duc and myself for Friday.

John Scanlan
Apr 17, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

quick chat with jessica re: a couple of items for the install course
scheduled with Rhodes for 1pm est

follow up with Reed/ISC West
posted related github issue to track progress

moved enrollment from manager to employee at member request / emailed letting members know

catch up with Ethan re: contractor work onsite

went over github issues with ethan /

went through course reports that need updated images from lightning

call with Jessica and Rhodes to go over to do list for install course / updates / etc

planned demo / gathered materials

did class with rhodes

mounted a couple of controllable lights to the warehouse ceiling so ethan could test if they fit our needs

stubbed network jack lock report

sent Nelly video to ethan

Brian Rhodes
Apr 17, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Did both Wrap Up classes

Did Class 9 for Install Class, updated page

Worked on Class 10 Deck

Finished Updating Access Operators Post

Need to revise a camera positioning post for install

Also need to post welcome discussions for access, will do tomorrow

JH
John Honovich
Apr 17, 2019
IPVM

Need to revise a camera positioning post for install

please elaborate? what is the existing one? what are we looking to change?

Brian Rhodes
Apr 17, 2019
IPVMU Certified

this 2009 article: https://ipvm.com/reports/how-to-position-video-surveillance-cameras

need to revise it to meet 2019 publishing standards, needs images, and calculator examples

need to de-emphasize camera selection, but emphasize mounting/positioning criteria 

need to illustrate setting focal length (for non-fixed cameras) and focusing steps for manual and autofocus cameras.  we have this material already, just need to add it to this guide

Ryan Ace
Apr 17, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Support emails: membership/upgrade inquiries, refunds, receipts, cancelations, invoicing, login issues, course questions, payment application.

Support calls: membership inquiries, course questions, payment, receipt request.

Posted team availability for proposed IPVM Con to Github.

Communication with a user regarding webinar support. Awaiting some additional information.

Sean Patton
Apr 17, 2019

Camera management shootout went through Axis, Hanwha, Hikvision. They scored 21, 20, 17 out of 24 respectively, will work on Dahua and Bosch tomorrow. Sent Hamish a text message to check in on the availability of the Avigilon standalone tool.

Calculator troubleshooting with Perry Hudson. He was using an "old version" of IE. He was pressing the "Add Camera" button and no cameras were adding to his project. We couldn't get Zoom/GTM working on his computer, and he was incapable of finding the "About Internet Explorer" button so I could figure out how old he meant. He switched over to Firefox and it was functioning properly. Later he called back a couple of times trying to figure out how to export just the Overview image of the floorplan print he uploaded, I ended up just having him send me his project and manually making a PDF for him. I created GH issues for both the IE limit and feature option

Call with Ethan re: publishing

Discussion responses

Tyler Renelle
Apr 17, 2019

Recommender system research. Full details at 4484 (updated description). I think right now it's gonna be either AWS Personalize or ElasticSearch + Spark MLlib. Problem with latter is it's collaborative filtering, which is "users also liked". It's a home-grown solution, but most of the moving parts are already in place (Lucene + Swyftype), the main remaining bit is hosted Spark (GCP). The former, AWS Personalize, looks very promising. It seems to have multiple options, not just collab filtering. I went to try it but it is a sign-up form for a preview product, so I'm waiting to hear back. Hopefully tomorrow morning they'll have responded & I can dive right in, that's where I'd like to try implementing something straight away. 

Dan Gelinas
Apr 17, 2019
IPVM
  • Drafting Verkada sales story. 15% done
  • Call with Filip, Raj, Brendan, and Idan of Verkada. JH on the call
  • Filed Ipsidy/Remotelock to GH
  • Reviewed Google Alerts, Twitter, LI for GH topics
  • Called Yuma & Morgan Hill to push along the FOIA requests
  • Emailed both Yuma and Morgan Hill for follow up info
  • Migrated FOIA data on Verkada systems to Spreadsheet. Then to bullet list
  • LI messaging with Dan Hughes CSO at WCW. He said he just joined IPVM and loves what he sees so far. Liked our recent coverage of them and wanted to know if I (if I attend GSX this year) or anyone from IPVM would like to tour the Windy City Wire manufacturing facility outside Chicago.
  • Emailing with Willy Allison re: IPVM interview. He said he was currently out of the country and would prefer an email interview. JH said to let him know we’d be happy to wait for him to get back because it would be quicker.
  • Emailed MacTaggart and JH to ask MacTaggart for an interview. Zoom call set for Thursday at 1300.
  • Email follow up with Gina at NJ Assemblyman office. She had said she’d answer questions on the NJ legislation
  • Emailed Jen Voss at ASIS re: water, popcorn, and sponsored education at GSX
  • LI request sent to James Chong at Vidsys
  • Emailed James Chong to ask for an interview
  • Emailed follow up request for interview to Chris Swanger and Kendra Noonan at Shooter Detection Systems
  • Emailed follow up request for an interview with Verint to Rhianna at Compass. She emailed me back and let me know they wanted to pass on an interview. I updated GH
  • Emailed with Jill Buzzell at L.L. Bean re: end user interview. She said they didn’t do interviews about their systems. I asked how about undisclosed and anonymous.
  • Arecont Fav 2019 is ready for review
Rob Kilpatrick
Apr 17, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Setup and documented the 30 cameras in the camera management software shootout, did some cable managing.

Discussed what we were shooting with the Speco camera - Mounted, aimed, updated Hanwha and Hikvision cameras with Speco, we will shoot this tomorrow.

Some light testing with the dimmable lights in the warehouse.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions