Subscriber Discussion

New Cameras Won't Get IP Numbers From DHCP

David Soltesz
Apr 16, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Hi.  Has anyone experienced this before?  I've installed 20 cameras fine, and the latest two won't assign themselves an IP address using DHCP in our 10. network.  When I look at the ARP table in Milestone XProtect, it shows the two cameras there, but with the factory assigned 192.168 IP addresses in the private class C network.  They show in the ARP table when I delete it and then recreate it, so there has to be some physical connection.  If they weren't on the physical cable at all, they wouldn't show in the ARP table.

I am planning on pulling the two cameras from the existing switch and putting them on a separate switch and connecting my laptop after giving it a 192.168 address.  I will then change the IPs manually to a valid 10. IP address and reconnect them to the real network and see if I can find them there.

Has anyone had a similar experience before?  Am I missing something simple?  Our network admin hasn't done anything to that switch to disable DHCP.

Just curious if there are any suggestions before I start my original idea.  Thanks.

Sean Patton
Apr 16, 2019

Did the DHCP address reservation range get used up?

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions