Strong ISC West 2019 For Manufacturers But Concerns For 2020 March Move

JH
John Honovich
Apr 13, 2019
IPVM
Dwayne Cooney
Apr 16, 2019

I feel it is a bad idea to move ISC west to March.
Between basketball and spring break, lodging will be higher... if it is available.

As for the show schedule, I agree with Tuesday through Thursday. If the vendors would commit to staying throughout the third day instead of packing up early it would help.

(4)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 16, 2019

At least with it being during march madness next year I will have a good excuse not to go next year.

(2)
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 16, 2019

Right-- you'll be too busy pretending to work to go to Las Vegas and pretend to work.

(1)
(5)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 16, 2019

For Americans, the next large show is ASIS GSX 2020, though attendance and exhibitors are significantly smaller and the 2020 show floor is smaller right now that 2019's:

Aren't you a year off? ASIS GSX 2019 hasn't happened yet.

[IPVM Update: thanks and fixed.]

U
Undisclosed #3
Apr 16, 2019

Agree about interfering with Spring Break, and not because of the increased demand in Vegas, but potentially taking away time from my family.  My family comes first, full stop.

(2)
(1)
Rick Caruthers
Apr 16, 2019
Galaxy Control Systems

Coming from someone that just attended my 21st ISC West I recall previous shows during NCAA March Madness, St. Patricks Day and numerous Spring Breaks which seem these days to start anywhere from Early-March to Mid April. I have no issues with the upcoming date announcement and doubt that it will severely impact those who regularly attend.   

(5)
(2)
Ian Siemer
Apr 16, 2019
OpenEye

Agreed. Most people I have talked to complain about the current time in April interfering with their kids spring breaks. 

I remember prior years when it was in March and have no concerns about it moving back to that time frame. 

(2)
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Apr 17, 2019

I definitely can see how this would be unappealing to manufacturer sales people.  On the flip side of that there may be more integrators that attend.  For example of the 10 people we had going 4 of them had to pull out due to the bid season.  This ratio has happened every year.

Of the end users I know that attended the time frame should have no impact.

Would it be better for all if ISC was in May or January/February?

MB
Marc Beningson
Apr 17, 2019

ISC West has always been a top show and conference for me, but for me it's often been too close to Passover. That can be in late March or April. That doesn't affect a lot of us, but I did not go again this year.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions