Subscriber Discussion

System Integrator Company Or Network With Nationwide Presence?

Roger Yarrow
Apr 04, 2019

I am COO of TrueLook.  We provide construction camera systems all over the US and Canada.  Everything is designed to be as simple and turnkey as possible and requiring as minimal effort as possible for installation.  Since the equipment is going to a jobsite, almost any electrician/carptenter/etc has the skills to get the equipment up and running.  Naturally, there are obvious challenges like where to mount it, getting a pole, needing a lift, locating electricity, etc. but, if all the resources are in place, installing our system is very simple.

However, there are lost opportunities when someone wants/needs installation handled for whatever reason.  We don't have the resources to keep a team of geographically convenient and trained installers on call for these scenarios, and we don't want to hunt for a local subcontractor and go through that whole dance.

Instead, I'd like to identify an integrator with a national presence to contract out the installation part.  I'd like to establish a relationship such that they will handle this service for me.  We'd provide all the information, training, and procedures so that they can locate a nearby installer from within their organization/network and execute the job.  This gives me the benefit of a single point of contact to outsource all my installation and even onsite maintenance if necessary.

The only one that comes to mind so far is Convergint.  Does anyone else have recommedations/referrals?  I'll be at ISC West next week with the hopes of finding similar providers.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Apr 04, 2019

Hi Roger,

I've worked with most of the nationals for many years as a manufacturer sales person.  The challenge for all of them is that some locations are stronger than others.  This applies to service levels and technical knowledge.  I hope I don't get lit up for recommending one national....

Convergint is currently the best option IMHO.  Great culture that they really believe in across the organization.  Many quality people and a focus on being the best provider for their customers.

There are other good nationals, regionals, etc.  I just think Convergint would be the easiest to get ramped up with and have success.  Good luck!

Roger Yarrow
Apr 04, 2019

Thanks for the feedback.  I agree they could be best shot but also possibly most challenging since it is a large organization and I might not be able to connect with right person.  To be continued.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Apr 04, 2019

Hey Roger.  I can introduce you to someone at the VP level who would in turn connect you to the right person.  They are always keen to find new business opportunities....

Having said that Undisclosed User 2 may have a valid point re the Nationals...

"If you are doing a box sale and looking for a national integrator to be the labor good luck, they are in the business of selling products at margin to make a profit (a hefty one at times)."

(2)
UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Apr 04, 2019

If you are doing a box sale and looking for a national intergrator to be the labor good luck, they are in the business of selling products at margin to make a profit (a hefty one at times).

I suggest you look at someone like NSI or contact one of the many networks of smaller inetegrators who use labor pools where they dont have a presence.   Check out NSI http://www.nationalsecurityintegrators.com/ as well as Carter Brothers  https://www.carterbrothers.com/ who used to do this type of labor stuff for large intergrators as well.

(2)
(2)
Roger Yarrow
Apr 04, 2019

Thanks for the input... I did skip over NSI at one point (seemed fragmented by region) but will check them out again.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Apr 04, 2019

Your best bet is probably NSI, or some like organization. As EU2 stated most intergrators are not at the national level, but they tend to know other intergrators in other areas. If you are lucky you may find a pre-established group of intergrators who have semi-national coverage of the areas you want. 

(1)
DG
Dan Gardner
Apr 05, 2019

Hi Roger,

i am part art of the NSI organization and would be happy to meet with you at ISC to discuss if our organization as a whole, or one of our members could assist.  My email is dgardner at phx-sys.com 

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions