Axis 5MP P Vs Q Camera Shootout (P3227-LVE vs Q3517-LVE)

Ethan Ace
Mar 29, 2019
axis p3227-lve...

Read the full report here
GK
Geoffrey King
Apr 02, 2019

Good stuff guys. Thanks so much for publishing this.

(4)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Apr 02, 2019

Where are they manufactured?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 03, 2019

Axis makes product in numerous places.  It's been a few years since I requested the list for international work but from what I recall one model of camera could be made in two or three different places.  It was a fairly broad list.

Ethan Ace
Apr 03, 2019

The P3227-LVE and Q3517-LVE were made in Poland.

The P3225-LVE was made in the Czech Republic:

(3)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Apr 08, 2019

What this post does not take into account is that the cameras rating for the Q3517 is IP6K9K.  Which doesn't really matter to most users until you are talking about environments with wash-down areas where you need the high pressure steam rating. That is where the extra cost lies. 

(1)
ML
Michael Lewis
Apr 08, 2019

I love reading your shootout articles, but I was wondering if you could also do movement tests? I don't know how often an intruder would stand still, looking at the camera. Could you do a walking/running test for shootouts?

(7)
(1)
Ethan Ace
Apr 08, 2019

We actually do test for motion issues, but have only included it when there is a notable issue. But we will start including it in general, as more people are asking for it. Thanks for the feedback!

Aaron Verzotti
Apr 09, 2019

I just fell out of love with my P3225-LVE... 

(1)
JL
Joey Leone
Jan 28, 2020

Great report, thanks- would REALLY love to see this cam (or the q3515) vs the newest p3245. Also would like to see motion tests added to all future reports (ie best snap of subject in motion in day light, and low light VS each camera. Its very rare for an intruder/subject to be standing still when we pull evidence).

thanks again, love ipvm!

(3)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions