Subscriber Discussion

PC Running Honeywell Access Control Software Crashed - Previous Dealer Telling Client Software Needs To Be Purchased Again

JH
Jay Hobdy
Mar 18, 2019
IPVMU Certified

We have a client with a fairly new  (11-13 months old) Honeywell access control system and the PC that had the software crashed. They have no backup, and the previous dealer is telling them they have to buy the software again. Is there a fee for the software?

Seems like they should be able to at least reuse the original license # and reinstall the previous version?

U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 18, 2019

You can ask your local rep for access to the Resideo website. There you can download most everything Honeywell. ProWatch, SoftKey2, Nstar, Winpak XE, SE, PE, CS, NetAXS, Lobbyworks, Passpoint.

As far as ProWatch, as along as the SUP is active you can relicense a new build after the system failure. Again talk to the local rep. Also if this is ProWatch was the SQL installed on the C drive or was it mapped to another drive? Is that drive any good? 

JH
Jay Hobdy
Mar 18, 2019
IPVMU Certified

:shrug:

Honestly we have no idea. This is a small 8 door install, and I believe everything was installed on the one PC that crashed. The client had no training, nobody internal managing it, etc.

We didn't put it in, and have never dealt with Honeywell. We are just trying to get this running for them.

Apartment Community, need I say more?

SD
Shannon Davis
Mar 18, 2019
IPVMU Certified

If it is the NetAXS then you should be able to control through a web page.  I can't see it being Pro-Watch for that size if system. Most likely it is Win-Pak and you should be able to get that re-installed. If it is using the NetAXS boards then through the web page would be just as easy. If the IP address isn't labeled on the panel then use wireshark to find the panels.

JH
Jay Hobdy
Mar 18, 2019
IPVMU Certified

I feel really confident, I saw Winpak written/labeled somewhere in the boxes with the boards.

You think there is any way to recover or back up the data  from the boards back to the software? I imagine if there is, we are going to need some credentials which nobody has.

The system has active users, they just have no way to update the system right now.

SD
Shannon Davis
Mar 18, 2019
IPVMU Certified

The only thing the boards could possibly do is give you any history. Is the C drive broken or can you hook it to a USB drive reader and get the info from that? Otherwise you will have to rebuild the database. If they have a spreadsheet of the tenants and card numbers you could import that into the system once software is reinstalled. Winpak is kind of a pain to program in my opinion. Mainly the terminology Winpak uses is way different than most. 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions