Subscriber Discussion

Anyone Familiar With UDP Technologies?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 04, 2019

Does anyone have familiarity with this company?  Are the cameras OEM'd if so anyone know who from?  I am looking for as much information from professionals as I can get. Thank you.

http://www.udptechnology.com/

JH
John Honovich
Mar 04, 2019
IPVM

UDP generally OEMs to smaller brands. They may have some larger OEM customers. Overall, my impression is that they are more of a niche player.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 04, 2019

So they are themselves the manufacturer and are not getting their cameras from another larger company?  Thank you for the insight.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Mar 08, 2019

UDP are the original manufacturer, based in South korea. They make cameras for a number of North American brands

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 08, 2019
IPVM

Comment from UDP:

UDP are a supplier of cameras and other devices such as Encoders, Bridge and Capture cards. We sell almost exclusively as an OEM into the security and retail sectors (for business intelligence), we include some of the Worlds largest Security companies in our portfolio. 

All of our products come with VCA on board, analytics developed by our UK subsidiary VCA Technology. We also supply analytics software only to a wide range of VMS customers, usually on OEM bases and our new Deep Learning Analytics will be on show on a number of booths at ISC.

That's consistent with my understanding, mostly an OEM, mostly devices and analytics. Obviously, not sure how their upcoming deep learning analytics will work.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Mar 08, 2019

I’m familiar with them but have never used them.  Thrive Intelligence/Allied Universal used to put their cameras in everywhere along with Nuuo.  John’s impression is correct that they are a very minor player... and I can only imagine the Chinese OEMs have shrunken their market share in the last 5 years.  

The VCA brand analytics were interesting and worked with Milestone well, but we never deployed.  The UDP cameras themselves all were very out of date on features, imagers, and resolution unless they have recently updated the product line.

UDP and VCA are usually wedged in a booth at ISC West with Sureview if you want to see their product.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions