Friday, March 1, 2019

JH
John Honovich
Mar 01, 2019
IPVM

Hope everyone enjoyed the trip and are settling back in. It's Friday, post your daily update early.

I released 2 posts today to help give time to others. Let's start getting back into the flow next week.

John Scanlan
Mar 01, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

graded ~20 final exams
updated final exam issue in github
related emails / responses to students / answered extension requests
updated exam discussion for class

quick call with JH

pinged Rob re: responding to smoke cam post

pinged seth to call JH about

pinged Jessica for a call with me
phone call, then zoom to go over install course
went over 'to do' list for install course with her
we created this issue toether in github (will update over the weekend with check boxes):
https://github.com/ipvideomarketinfo/Reporting/issues/4062

called Rhodes to go over install course action items

spoke with garage door vendor
he will install interior / test bay door on wednesday

spoke with Chris
stairs were a major challenge and basically fell apart when he worked on them
he cut and refit replacement steps
he used a more professional grade paint, which rather than a few hours to dry, it requires 48 hours
he will finish them up tonight so the next coat of paint can dry over the weekend

pinged ryan re: health insurance bill that was sent to CSi address

scheduled Adam to come to the office monday to organize, cleanup, move some stuff for us

went through the pendant video clips
uploaded 10 clips
gave ben directions on making 3 videos from those clips

quick chat with Ethan re: contractors, reports/install, next week priorities, etc

JH
John Honovich
Mar 02, 2019
IPVM

stairs were a major challenge and basically fell apart when he worked on them
he cut and refit replacement steps

I am glad we are making things better as it benefits us. It is a bit weird that as a tenant we are doing such improvements. Do we take them down when we leave? Do we get some credit? I am not sure what the norm is on such things.

Dan Gelinas
Mar 01, 2019
IPVM
  • Drafting SafeZone. 85% done. Will be ready for review on Monday
  • Spoke with Mike and John Anderson at Safe Zone
  • Listened to ~ 1/2 of (15 minutes) Willy Allison interview on GGB podcast.
  • Filed Willy Allison podcast notes to GitHub
  • Email follow up with Jean-Michel, Jim, and David at Prism re: follow up questions on depth and breadth of integrations and specific price example.
  • Emailed follow up to Mike and John Anderson at Safe Zone. CC’d SP
  • Emailing with Rhianna Daniels re: touching base after their sales meeting
  • Emailing with Chris Mulvey re: CPA Washington lobbying trip materials
  • Emailed Brad Labrenz to circle back on new interview date and time
  • Email introduction between IPVM member Chris Uiterwyk of IPConfigure and Pete and Mallori at UL
  • Developed questions for Brad Labrenz and Richard Buckmaster interviews
  • Scheduled interview for next week with Bruce Hamilton (one of Laura Bixby’s lawyers) re: Laura Bixby suing New Orleans for camera locations
Sean Patton
Mar 02, 2019

Genetec Lead with Synergis set to review.

Meeting time set with BCD for profile call on Monday

Reached out to Salient re: h265 support (it was a typo), posted comment

Calculator support, issues created/updated, support emails, etc

GH issue for OpenEye doubling camera supported per server, emailed John and Ian

Tyler Renelle
Mar 02, 2019

(just copy/pasting my github issue)

per Thurs convo, I'm working on a quick tool: analytics on videos we've run on our library, allowing users to slice/dice on video attributes (lux, head, ir, ..) and models. Should give accuracy insights, point out which attributes effect score most, charts/graphs, etc.

WIP at http://ai.ipvm.com/#/library/yolov3. Got bogged on some basic d3 charting (devil in details, but will be smooth once we're rolling). That should give you a gist though; I'll move towards your proposed layout + charts monday morning.

currently some bugs in facets (some number-facets have False, etc). Working on

Seth Bartynski
Mar 02, 2019
IPVM

Investigated a calculator bug where the map kept getting darker every time they added a certain model of camera.  Determined the camera had a huge circle around it that wrapped around most of the map.  Figured out that some other similar models have this issue as well.

Found another bug related to how imager sizes are stored in the calculator and posted to Github.

Worked on setting current user's email when sending out a test newsletter.  Ran into some problems with trying to access Rails server variables in jQuery client-side.  Will discuss with Kyle about general approach on how to do this.

Updated AI model tester meta description and page title.

Started refactoring of plan upgrade code and adding tests.

Read about Google Analytics and started adding this in to the site.  This should be ready for first release (only tracking pageviews, not identifying signed-in users) Monday.

Report redirects should be ready for release Monday, after I ask a few questions to Kyle about deploy.

Briefly discussed consequences of removing forum_admin flag from Scanlan's user account re: courses.

Quick call with JH about focus next week.

Ryan Ace
Mar 02, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Support emails: membership/upgrade inquiries, refunds, receipts, cancelations, invoicing, login issues, quotes.

Contractor support.

Paid Honeybadger invoice and updated our billing info.

Support calls: new user with VMS questions and looking for a security consultant in his area. Forwarded to Sean. I also sent him links for some suggested reports.

Travel home.

Brian Rhodes
Mar 02, 2019
IPVMU Certified

worked on deck #2, it is 85% of the way there, I'll upload to Lightning by end of weekend

I'm also working on deck #3 this weekend

email questions to Josh Phillips @ Gatekeeper

called HikUSA re: modular intercom, they know nothing about it

call w/ Scanlan about Install Class

Rob Kilpatrick
Mar 02, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Sorry, thought I posted this last night.

Went through all manufacturer cameras for the cyber compare and checked for default phone home and opt-in phone home (realized I had Wireshark configured wrong halfway through checking this last time), filled in spreadsheet - all data is updated for this, just has to be written.

Took down all tests we currently had up in the warehouse to free up space.

Discussion responses/cleanup.

Jessica Roccia
Mar 02, 2019
Organized & prioritized meeting notes from Texas

Call with John Scanlan in regards to Installation course

Went over issues in github

Identified all parts of the installation course: what was complete, in progress, not started, and person assigned to each course

Call with John to check over all "complete" readings to make sure that they were indeed complete

Identified priorities of course tasks that need to be completed

Looked at previous quizes / introduction homework assignment to determine if improvements were needed
Tyler Renelle
Mar 05, 2019

(Monday)

Fixes to http://ai.ipvm.com/#/library/yolov3

Sort by accuracy, fixes to drop-downs. Re-running videos based on attrs, compiling a list for Rob of files w/ bad names according to the naming convention. 

Investigating why it's stopping around 160 videos (there are 488 total). This will have implications for the main tester too, so important to fix.

Tyler Renelle
Mar 05, 2019

@John see above for why snow, IR are showing as "importance=0" I'll figure out why these videos aren't getting run

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions